These Eggnog Cookies are a staple holiday recipe! Once you try them you’ll want to make them at least once every Christmas season. They’re a soft and fluffy, cake-like cookie with a deliciously tender texture, the perfect amount of spice, and a rich eggnog frosting.
The Best Eggnog Cookies!
These are definitely a new favorite holiday cookie! They’re deliciously soft and completely divine cookies that do just as their titled – they melt away in your mouth!
With their delicate texture and generous coating of eggnog frosting they are likely to become a cookie you’re not going to forget about. They really do taste just like eggnog in cookie form, so basically they are an ultimate Christmas cookie!
How did I not know these things existed until now? It could be a dangerous thing though now that I do, for me and my whole family.
How to Make Eggnog Cookies
These cookies are a breeze to make, and no chilling dough or cutting shapes here! Here’s what you’ll do to make them:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- In an electric mixer cream butter and sugars until pale and fluffy.
- Mix in yolks one at a time then blend in vanilla, rum extract and egg nog.
- Blend in dry ingredients.
- Scoop out by heaping tablespoons and drop on prepared baking sheets spacing 2-inches apart.
- Bake until set. Let cool then frost.
You wouldn’t believe how quickly we finished these off. I think they definitely need to be a new Christmas tradition for my family, and yours too.
If you like eggnog, put these cookies at the top of your must try list and make them asap. You’ll be glad you did and so will anyone that’s lucky enough to enjoy them with you.
Do you have holiday cookie exchanges coming up? These will be the perfect cookie to bring!
Ok I’m only joking (it’s that competitive side of me shining through :), but really everyone will love them and you’ll likely be passing out the recipe so keep it handy. Enjoy!
More Christmas Cookie Recipes You’ll Love!
- Butter Cookies
- Gingerbread Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies
- Italian Ricotta Cookies
- No Bake Cookies
Follow Cooking Classy
Melt-In-Your-Mouth Eggnog Cookies
With their tender cake-like texture and generous coating of eggnog frosting they are likely to become a new favorite holiday cookie!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg , plus more for topping
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup butter , at room temperature (I used 1/4 cup salted and 1/4 cup unsalted butter)
- 3 - 5 Tbsp eggnog
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon for 30 seconds, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Mix in egg yolks one at a time, blending just until combined after each addition. Mix in vanilla extract, rum extract and egg nog. With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Scoop dough out by the heaping tablespoonfuls and drop onto Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheets, spacing cookies 2-inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven 11 - 13 minutes. Allow to rest on baking sheet several minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Cool completely then frost with Eggnog Frosting and sprinkle tops lightly with nutmeg.
For the Eggnog Frosting:
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip butter until very pale and fluffy. Add in rum extract and 3 Tbsp eggnog and mix in powdered sugar. Add additional eggnog to reach desired consistency.