Flourless Chocolate Cake – yes, that’s right absolutely no flour, yet you won’t miss it in the slightest! This heavenly cake will likely remind you of a rich, decadent brownie yet it’s texture is one all it’s own. Each bite just melts away in your mouth!
Best Flourless Chocolate Cake – It’s so Easy!
Who doesn’t love chocolate? Chocolate has a way to our heart and when it’s melted and blended into a cake you know it’s going to be irresistibly delicious!
This cake can be enjoyed plain as it is or with various toppings such as sweetened whipped cream, dusted with powdered sugar or if you are like me and are addicted to ice cream, feel free to serve it up with a generous scoop of your favorite flavor (chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, pistachio, caramel, spumoni are all great choices).
This easy cake is the perfect treat to make for a birthday or holiday. Valentines is has never been one of my favorite holidays but it gives us an excuse to make chocolate cake so let’s go with it!
What Ingredients go into Flourless Chocolate Cake?
- Bittersweet chocolate
- Unsalted butter
- White and brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
How do You Make Flourless Chocolate Cake?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9-inch springform pan, line bottom with a round of parchment paper and butter paper.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate with butter on 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring well between increments until melted and smooth.
- Whisk in granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt until well combined.
- Add eggs and whisk until well blended.
- Sift in cocoa powder and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish, smooth top into an even layer and bake in preheated 20 – 25 minutes (mine was perfect at 22).
- Serve warm or cool (not hot) then cut into slices and serve with ice cream, chocolate ganache or fresh fruit if desired.
How do You Make Chocolate Ganache?
Really this cake is perfectly good on it’s own but if you want to take it over the top you can drizzle or spread over chocolate ganache. To make it mix 6 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips with 1/2 cup heavy cream in a heat proof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, cook and stir until melted. Let cool slightly then spread or drizzle over cake.
How do You Make Hot Fudge Sauce?
Wanting to go the ice cream and hot fudge sauce route? This is my favorite hot fudge sauce recipe HERE.
Can You Freeze This Chocolate Cake?
If you are lucky enough to have leftovers this cake should freeze well for two months. Wrap in foil, keep in an airtight bag or container then thaw overnight. It’s even good served cold from the fridge.
More Decadent Chocolate Desserts to Try!
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Hot Chocolate
- Edible Chocolate Cookie Dough
- Chocolate Sheet Cake
Flourless Chocolate Cake
A tempting, decadent, easy to make chocolate cake made without any flour! It's the perfect dessert for any occasion.
- 6 oz. (170g) bittersweet chocolate (60%), chopped
- 10 Tbsp (142g) unsalted butter, diced into pieces
- 2/3 cup (130g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (65g) packed light-brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (46g) unsweetened cocoa powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch springform pan, line bottom with a round of parchment paper and butter paper.
In a large microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate with butter on 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring well between increments until melted and smooth.
Whisk in granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt until well combined. Add eggs and whisk until well blended.
Sift in cocoa powder and whisk until combined. Pour batter into prepared baking dish and spread even. Bake in preheated 25 - 30 minutes.
Allow to cool, then cut into slices. If desired top with chocolate ganache, ice cream or whipped cream or powdered sugar. Store cooled cake in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 3 days.