Maple Mustard Chicken is a super easy yet super flavorful chicken recipe! Chicken breasts are seared in a skillet until perfectly golden brown then covered with a sweet and tangy maple mustard sauce. It’s perfect for busy days!
Maple Mustard Skillet Chicken Recipe
I’ve always had a thing for honey mustard sauce so obviously I’m going be in love with the maple mustard combo too. And something about it just says fall, right?
This chicken cooks in a flash and prep couldn’t be easier! People often say they don’t have time to make a nice meal but chances are all of us have 20 minutes to spare during the day at some point.
And that’s just what it takes to make this simple chicken recipe.
Ingredients Needed for This Recipe
- Chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Unsalted butter
- Low-sodium chicken broth or white wine
- Real Maple Syrup
- Stone ground mustard and dijon mustard
- Minced fresh rosemary, parsley or thyme (optional)
Scroll below for full printable recipe.
How to Make Maple Mustard Skillet Chicken
- Pound chicken with the flat side of a meat mallet to even out their thickness. Season with S&P.
- Sear chicken in oil in skillet until cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Melt butter in skillet, saute garlic.
- Stir in broth. Add in maple syrup and both mustards.
- Let mixture simmer until slightly thickened.
- Return chicken to pan. Spoon sauce over chicken and garnish with herbs if desired.
This Simple Sauce is Perfect for Chicken!
I mean I could dip just about anything in that sauce!
And I love how the hint of butter and splash of maple sweetness balances out the tang of the mustard. Because straight up mustard can be strong.
But here there’s just a well balanced blend of everything and I have the feeling you may find yourself, like me, just slightly obsessed.
This is how you do weeknight chicken dinners!
More Skillet Chicken Recipes You Might Like
- Chicken with Garlic Herb Butter Sauce
- Caprese Chicken with Avocado
- Creamy Chicken Piccata
- Chicken with Creamy Spinach Artichoke Sauce
- Balsamic Chicken and Veggies
Follow Cooking Classy
Maple-Mustard Skillet Chicken
A super easy yet super flavorful chicken recipe. Chicken breasts are seared until golden brown and covered with a sweet and tangy maple mustard sauce. Perfect for busy days!
- 4 (6 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth or white wine
- 3 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp stone ground mustard*
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp minced rosemary, parsley or thyme (optional)
Pound chicken with the flat side of a meat mallet to even out their thickness. Season both sides with pepper and lightly with salt.
Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sear on both sides until cooked through, about 6 minutes per side.
Transfer chicken to a plate. Add butter to same skillet.
Reduce heat to medium, add garlic and saute until golden brown, about 30 seconds.
Pour in chicken broth and scrape up browned bits. Add in maple syrup and both mustards.
Let mixture simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
Return chicken to pan. Spoon sauce over chicken and garnish with herbs if desired.
*A whole grain dijon mustard may be used in place of using two kinds of mustard. I just keep both kinds on hand.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy