I’m loving quick and easier dinners lately, especially when they taste as good as this Skillet Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce! This recipe couldn’t be any easier yet the end results are unbelievably delicious and perfectly flavorful. The sauce is so good you’ll wan to eat it by the spoonful! My husband isn’t a huge mustard fan but he said this is some of the best chicken he’s ever had. Even my three year old loved it!
This is a recipe I’ll definitely add to my dinner rotation because it’s an all around dinner win! And considering the 1/2 cup cream is spread out among 3 or 4 chicken breasts I’d still consider this to be a healthy dinner. I had never tried mustard and cream together but now I’m totally sold. Incredible things happen when you blend the two. Cream enhances anything it touches though, right?
Don’t wait to try this one, you are going to love it!
Follow Cooking Classy
Pan seared chicken breasts are covered in a rich and creamy, delicious dijon mustard flavored sauce. A perfectly easy and satisfying dinner recipe.
- 4 (6 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic , finely minced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme , plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp honey
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to hot oil in skillet and cook 5 - 6 minutes per side until cooked through (chicken should register 165 degrees in thickest part of chicken on an instant read thermometer). Transfer to a plate, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add garlic to remaining oil in pan and saute 10 seconds, then add chicken broth, cream, mustard, thyme and sage and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened slightly, about 1 - 2 minutes. Stir in honey and (if needed) season lightly with salt. Serve chicken with sauce over top and garnish with additional thyme leaves if desired.
- Recipe source: inspired by Woman's Day