The easiest Granola Bar Recipe you’ll ever make! Made with oats and rice cereal and a sweet and chewy coating. No artificial flavors or preservatives in these bars. These are a snack people of all ages will love!
Easiest Ever Homemade Granola Bar Recipe
Once you try this incredibly simple recipe for granola bars it’s likely you’ll no longer be buying that boxed version at the grocery store anymore. These are unbelievably easy – I mean really, does it get much easier than making something in the microwave? No oven preheating or even turning on the stove top.
And you’ll love that they taste even better than the the kind in the box. I know I’m hooked and my entire family loves these! They make a delicious on the go snack and can even satisfy that sweets/chocolate craving so you could swap out that after dinner dessert for one of these instead.
If you like these you might also want to check out the peanut butter version that I have posted which are also completely delicious, and of course just as simple. Enjoy!
How to Make Granola Bars
- Heat coconut oil, brown sugar and honey in bowl in microwave 1 minute.
- Stir, cook 1 minute longer.
- Mix in vanilla, oats and rice krispies.
- Spread and press into greased baking dish then press in chocolate chips.
- Chill then cut. So easy!
Follow Cooking Classy
The easiest granola bars you'll ever make! Made with oats and rice cereal and a sweet and chewy coating. No artificial flavors or preservatives in these bars. These are a snack people of all ages will love!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or unsalted butter (I've tried and love both)
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 Tbsp mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Add coconut oil or unsalted butter, brown sugar and honey to a 2 quart microwave safe bowl and heat mixture in microwave on HIGH power for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir (stir until butter is melted if using butter), then return to microwave and heat on HIGH power 1 minute longer if using coconut oil and 1 1/2 minutes longer if using butter.
Carefully remove from microwave and blend in vanilla, then add in quick oats and stir until evenly coated. Fold in Rice Krispies and toss well to evenly coat, then firmly press mixture into one side of a buttered baking sheet with buttered hands (I used a regular sized cookie sheet and just pressed it them into 5-inch long bars using about 1/3 of the baking sheets width).
- Sprinkle top with chocolate chips and press into bars. Transfer to freezer and chill 10 minutes, then remove and cut into 9 bars. Store in an airtight container.
If you find that your bars seem flimsy and fall apart, you may need to microwave the mixture longer the next time around as microwave wattages can vary and also you may need to press them down more firmly into the baking dish.