This Sun Dried Tomato Quinoa Salad is amazingly flavorful and has a the perfect blend of textures. You get a layer of tender spring lettuces, hearty quinoa, crunchy toasted almonds, bold parmesan, chewy bright sun dried tomatoes and a final finish of a tangy, rich balsamic vinaigrette. So much goodness in one super satisfying salad!
It’s been far to long since I shared a salad recipe here. It seems as though I’ve shared every kind of salad out there but I’ve been missing a sun dried tomato salad.
I love those shriveled little bits of sun kissed tomatoes, they might be small but they pack a lot of exciting gourmet flavor.
They pair perfectly with this mellowly sweet and tangy balsamic dressing and the nutty quinoa and almonds.
This is the perfect side dish for dinner but it also makes a nutritious and filling lunch, with or without chicken added.
Try it! You’ll love this combination of goodness!
What Ingredients do I Need for This Salad?
- Spring lettuce blend
- Fresh basil
- Sun dried tomatoes (packed in olive oil)
- Balsamic vinegar
How to Make Sun Dried Tomato and Quinoa Salad
- Cook the quinoa and chill, or just use left over quinoa from a day or two ago.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a mason jar, cover with lid and shake to emulsify.
- In a salad bowl layer together spring lettuce blend, basil, quinoa, parmesan, almonds and sun dried tomatoes.
- Shake dressing again then pour over salad and toss.
- Serve right away for best results.
Which Type of Quinoa Should I Use?
I used brown quinoa but a tricolor blend will work great here too.
Can I Make it Vegan?
This salad can definitely be made vegan, just replace the honey with maple syrup and the parmesan with vegan parmesan or omit the cheese.
Can I Make This Salad Advance?
The salad and dressing can both be made in advance but store separately, and be sure to add chilled quinoa to the lettuce blend otherwise it will cook and wilt it.
Can I Add Chicken?
Want to turn it into a main course? You can definitely add chopped rotisserie chicken or grilled chicken here as well.
Follow Cooking Classy
Sun Dried Tomato Quinoa Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
A salad layered with tender spring lettuces, hearty quinoa, crunchy toasted almonds, bold parmesan, chewy bright sun dried tomatoes and a final finish of a tangy, rich balsamic vinaigrette. So much goodness in one super satisfying salad!
- 5 oz. baby spring lettuce blend
- 1/4 cup basil ribbons
- 1 1/4 cups cooked and chilled quinoa
- 1/3 cup shaved parmesan, slightly crumbled
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped and toasted
- 1/4 cup well drained julienned sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, chopped (reserve oil)
- 1/4 cup oil from jar of sun dried tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the dressing combined all of the dressing ingredients in a jar, cover with lid and shake to blend.
In a salad bowl layer together spring lettuce blend, basil, quinoa, parmesan, almonds and sun dried tomatoes.
Shake dressing again and pour over salad.
Toss to coat and serve immediately.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy