Who doesn’t love a fluffy thick frosted sugar cookie? These are all that goodness you find in that delicious sugar cookie without all the hard work! You don’t have to bake or frost individual cookies. All you have to do is spread all the dough out in one pan, bake and frost. Simple as that. These are perfect for parties, not only for kids but for adults too. You are sure to get smiles from these delightful treats! As you eat one you may even feel like a kid again =). Have a great day! Enjoy!
- 10 Tbsp butter, softened*
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp half and half
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Several drop food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 13" x 9" baking dish, set aside. In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt, set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy about 3-4 minutes. Stir in egg and egg white. Add sour cream, vanilla and almond extract and mix until blended. Slowly add dry mixture and stir until combined. With buttered hands, gently press (so gently almost patting) mixture into buttered baking dish. Bake 15 - 17 minutes until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and bars are set. Cool completely, then frost and cut into squares.
- In a mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, whip together butter and powdered sugar and half and half until fluffy. Stir in vanilla. Add in food optional food coloring and mix until well blended.
- *Recipe updated 4/5/15. Originally 8 Tbsp I've started making them with 10 and like them even more.