Sometimes I feel like my blog posts really don’t need any words. Can’t a picture just say enough =)? But really, how can I tell you more than what a photo can show you? I’ve never really been one that has a whole lot to say. I’m more of a creative thinker who likes to sit back and read a food magazine or something – BUT when it comes to talking about food I really do have plenty to say. So, even though sometimes photos don’t need words I still like to add them because I can’t stop thinking and talking about food. I also can’t stop thinking about chocolate. Ever. No matter how much chocolate I have, I could never be completely satisfied with that amount. Why? It’s in my nature, I’m a female and I just always want what I don’t have =). Okay I’m mostly kidding, but really I could never have too much chocolate. I crave it everyday. It’s like my daily vitamin, antioxidants right? I don’t really eat it every day, but most days. Hmmm I think I’m on to something though, maybe those non-chocolate days are the culprit of those “bad days”. I really love chocolate (if you can’t tell) and every form it comes in. Days like today it will be 6:30 pm, just a few minutes after dinner and those dessert cravings kick in, but I’m totally feeling like I just really can’t wait an hour for brownies. What’s a woman to do? Three words. Microwave. Mug. Brownie. Yes that’s right. A brownie made in the microwave, in a mug, ready to indulge in, in just 5 minutes. It is a dangerous thing I tell you! This is what dreams are made of.
In my opinion this MUST be served warm, and preferably covered with ice cream – which will melt all along the top surface of the brownie and flow through the gaps down the sides of this decadent delicious dessert. It tastes just like a skillet brownie warm out of the oven. Yes, it’s love. True love. Enjoy! Try your best not to make one everyday =).
Yes, this could really use some more chocolate love. Bring on the chocolate sauce!
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 Tbsp chocolate chips (I used half milk chocolate & half semi-sweet)
- For Microwave Brownie Sundaes:
- Serve with ice cream (cookies and cream, vanilla bean, chocolate or caramel)
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce or caramel sauce and sprinkle with sea salt, if desired
- Add butter and brown sugar to a 12 oz (or larger mug). Heat in microwave on HIGH power 45 seconds, then remove from microwave and stir mixture with a fork. Mix in egg and vanilla extract. Stir in cocoa powder. Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir until well combine. Mix in chocolate chips. Set microwave on 50% power and cook mixture 1 minute 50 seconds - 2 minutes 30 seconds (time will vary based on varying microwaves wattage, don't overcook or it may result in a tough brownie). Serve warm topped with ice cream and chocolate sauce or caramel sauce and sea salt, if desired.
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy