I’m always on the lookout for new easy dinners to try, plus I always love a new healthy recipe. This One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies couldn’t get any easier! This is a a 20 minute meal that is sure to please! The flavor is spot on delicious and it has just enough versatility going on to keep things interesting. And the flavor? With the word balsamic in the title you know it’s got to be good right? It is so good! Who knew a dinner that was so easy could taste so incredible?
Also, I have some exciting news! I’ve been wanting to launch my own online kitchen shop for years and with the help of my dedicated husband and a few friends I finally have!!! I would love you guys to check it out (HERE)! A few of my favorites are the vanilla beans (duh!) and the herb savor (I’d gotten so tired of throwing out herbs so quickly and have finally found a solution). We searched for the highest quality vanilla beans and want to sell them at the best price. They are Grade A Gold Vanilla Beans (also certified organic and gluten-free) and trust me you’ll have a very hard time finding anything better! They are so plump and you will definitely be getting your moneys worth! There aren’t a lot of products yet, as it hopefully grows then I will continue to add more products all the time. I’d love your support so please check it out and see if there’s anything you’d like! No pressure though :). I value your readership so much and never want to push anything on you, I only want to share the products I like with you.
This is a dinner or lunch I’m definitely adding to my rotation! I loved everything about it, the flavor, appearance, simple prep and of course the easy clean up! All around win with this one!
For this recipe look for thinner stalks of asparagus. Not only does it cook faster and more evenly with the carrots, but it tastes better (if the thicker ones are all they happen to have they will work okay too). Also, I recommend using the Kraft light dressing with this recipe because it has a thicker consistency than most italian dressings which will help the dressing coat the chicken and veggies better (and bonus it’s skinnier than the traditional oil heavy versions).
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp Italian salad dressing (I recommend using Kraft light Italian it's the perfect consistency for this and it's what I used)
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- 1 1/4 lbs chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed of tough ends, chopped into 2-inch pieces (look for thinner stalks. Green beans are another good option)
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- In a mixing bowl whisk together salad dressing, balsamic vinegar, honey and red pepper flakes, set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste, then place chicken evenly in skillet. Cook about 6 - 7 minutes, rotating once halfway through cooking, until chicken has cooked through (meanwhile, chop asparagus and tomatoes). Add half the dressing mixture to skillet and rotate chicken to evenly coat. Transfer chicken to a large plate or a serving platter while leaving sauce in skillet. Add asparagus and carrots to skillet, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring frequently, until crisp tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer veggies to plate or platter with chicken.
- Add remaining dressing mixture to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes to chicken and veggies and drizzle dressing mixture in pan over top (or return chicken and veggies to pan and toss to coat).
- Recipe source: adapted from BHG
Video tutorial on making this recipe after the ad below.