Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies with Balsamic Glaze is an easy and amazingly flavorful one pan chicken dinner that will leave everyone craving more! Packed with nutritious ingredients, sprinkled with bacon and finished with a sweet and tangy balsamic glaze. A rich in protein meal in one!
The Perfect Fall Recipe
In other words – this is the best way to welcome fall into your life this year! Now that schools started even though it’s still 98 degrees out it’s seems like fall has already come.
I absolutely love fall. And for some reason I tend to reserve sweet potato and Brussels sprouts recipes for this time of year, even though I can get fresh year round.
It just makes it seem that much better. Like trying to wait to bake with pumpkin until September.
Ingredients You’ll Need for This Recipe
- Sweet potatoes
- Brussels sprouts
- Olive oil
- Chicken breasts
- Red onion
- Fresh rosemary and parsley
- Balsamic glaze
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
- Preheat oven and grease baking sheet.
- Place sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts on baking sheet, toss with olive oil.
- Sprinkle bacon over everything then roast in preheated oven 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Add chicken, red onions, garlic and rosemary then season with salt and pepper and toss. Spread even.
- Roast until chicken has cooked through (center of thickest pieces should register 165), about 20 minutes.
- Drizzle everything (or each serving) with balsamic glaze, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
That Balsamic Glaze is Key
I’m alllll about that balsamic glaze (I also like to call it “black magic sauce”). Actually one of my favorite gelatos I buy locally is a ricotta balsamic gelato and it is to. die. for. Who knew?? Oh and balsamic strawberries, yes! Put em on a cheesecake.
Maybe for dessert right after this meal. Because you can never have too much balsamic glaze :).
More Sheet Pan Dinners to Try
Follow Cooking Classy
Sheet Pan Chicken Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Balsamic Glaze
An easy and amazingly flavorful sheet pan chicken dinner that will leave everyone craving more! Packed with veggies, sprinkled with bacon and finished with a sweet and tangy balsamic glaze.
- 20 oz. sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 3/4-inch cubes
- 16 oz. brussels sprouts, bottoms trimmed, halved
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 slices bacon, diced
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1 1/4-inch cubes*
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley (optional)
- 3 Tbsp store-bought or homemade** balsamic glaze
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
Place sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil then to toss to evenly coat.
Sprinkle bacon over everything then roast in preheated oven 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
Add chicken, red onions, garlic and rosemary then season everything with salt and pepper and toss to evenly coat. Spread into an even layer (don't overlap chicken pieces).
Return to oven and roast until chicken has cooked through (center of thickest pieces should register 165) about 17 - 20 minutes longer.
Drizzle everything (or each serving) with balsamic glaze, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy
*Try to cut all of the chicken pieces close to the same size so they'll finish cooking through at the same time.
- **For homemade balsamic glaze: In a small saucepan whisk together 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar and 1 Tbsp honey. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, until reduced to about 3 Tbsp, about 10 - 13 minutes. Let cool (it will thicken more as it cools).