This summery Sheet Pan Hawaiian Chicken is all cooked together on one pan, meaning easy dinner and easy clean up! It’s full of fresh flavor and you’ll love the balance of lightly sweet and lightly sour here. Add this one to the menu this week, it’s a dinner the whole family will enjoy!
This Hawaiian chicken recipe is inspired by one of my most popular recipes, Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs.
This Sheet Pan Hawaiian Chicken may not have the same charred flavor, but it skips some of the steps that those kebabs require, making this sheet pan variation the more simplified that’s perfect for weeknight meals. And it’s amazingly delicious!
I like to serve this with coconut rice, but white or brown rice works great as well.
Tips for This Recipe
- Try to cut the chicken as uniform in size as possible, this way it will all be done cooking at the same time and you won’t be over-cooking smaller pieces.
- Be sure to check the chicken for doneness with an instant read thermometer, center should register 165 degrees.
- I don’t recommend using canned pineapple here, stick with fresh for best results.
- Start out your rice first before you begin prepping this recipe. That way the rice will be finished by the time this chicken is done, plus it will have a little time to rest so it’s not wet.
- Replace the lid on the pineapple juice concentrate, transfer to an airtight container and keep frozen after you’ve measured what’s needed for this recipe. That way you can make it again. Or just mix up some pineapple juice with that’s left, to serve with this dinner.
More Chicken Recipes to Try
Sheet Pan Hawaiian Chicken
Chicken, veggies and pineapple are coated with a sweet and sour sauce all tossed together and baked on a sheet pan to cook through. Easy recipe, easy clean up, delicious taste! What's not to love?
- 2 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 Tbsp pineapple juice concentrate (thaw if totally solidified)
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp worcestershire
- 2 tsp minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 tsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cored and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, chopped into chunks
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups fresh cubed pineapple
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together soy sauce, cornstarch, ketchup, pineapple juice concentrate, brown sugar, rice vinegar, cornstarch worcestershire, garlic, ginger, and pepper.
Place red and green bell peppers, red onion and chicken on baking sheet then pour sauce over top and toss to evenly coat.
Cook in preheated oven 10 minutes, remove from oven and toss.
Sprinkle in pineapple. Return to oven, continue to cook until chicken is cooked through, about 7 - 10 minutes longer.
Remove from oven toss once more to coat with sauce.
Serve warm over coconut rice if desired.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy