Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad the ultimate refreshing side dish! It’s is a fresh fruit salad recipe that’s easy to make without the extra sugary cream. Just add a little honey and lime and you’ve got yourself a colorful, healthy fruit salad everyone loves!
The Best Fruit Salad Recipe
I know Skittles are good, but I’m thinking this has got to be the right way to get a taste of the rainbow. Isn’t fruit salad a summer must? I know it’s one of the highlights of summer. And this version is so much butter than those frozen whipped topping versions of fruit salad!
Kids will love this this fruit salad recipe and it is an easy way for me to get them to eat plenty of fruit. All it takes is a little honey and lime and great things can happen.
For the perfect fruit salad, just make sure all of the fruit is perfectly ripe (as in, you may need to buy the pineapple and kiwi a week in advance).
A Fruit Salad Dressing without Cream or Pudding
This recipe shows you how to make fruit salad without the creamy fruit salad dressing that you’re used to seeing. This fruit salad leaves plenty of room for all the flavors of the fruit to shine without drenching it in sugar and other random flavors.
Plus it doesn’t use any of those packaged pudding mixes. Why should we coat all the vibrant and incredible flavors of the fruit with an artificial flavor from a pudding mix?
Let’s not ruin a good thing like fresh fruit by coating it with packaged ingredients where we can’t even pronounce the ingredients on the label. Honey and lime are where it’s at!
Ingredients for this Easy Fruit Salad
- Red grapes
- Canned mandarin oranges (or fresh)
Can I Use Frozen Fruit in this Recipe?
For best results only use fresh fruit, not frozen in this fruit salad. Frozen fruit is mushy once thawed and watery so it won’t work the same here unfortunately. Keep in mind though that you can use other fruits that are in season, it’s a versatile recipe.
How to Make Fruit Salad
- Prepare fruit and add all fruit to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together they honey, lime zest and lime juice.
- Pour over fruit just before serving and toss to evenly coat.
- Easy as that!
More Fruit Salad Recipes You’ll Love:
- Winter Fruit Salad
- Creamy Cinnamon Apple Fruit Salad
- Berry Cheesecake Fruit Salad
- Melon Fruit Salad
- Berry Fruit Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing
- Creamy Grape Fruit Salad
Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad
A bright and refreshing fruit salad with a beautiful combination of colors. This is the perfect summer side dish for cookouts or parties it's also great for holidays any time of the year. You can switch of the fruits listed here for others you may have on hand.
- 1 lb fresh strawberries , diced
- 1 lb fresh pineapple , diced
- 12 oz fresh blueberries
- 12 oz red grapes , diced into halves
- 4 kiwis , peeled and diced
- 1 (15 oz) can mandarin oranges in juice, drained well and sliced into halves
- 2 ripe bananas , diced*
Honey Lime Dressing
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp lime zest (zest of 2 medium limes)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
Add all fruit to a large mixing bowl.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together they honey, lime zest and lime juice.
Pour over fruit just before serving and toss to evenly coat**.
- *The bananas aren't pictured. I decided to add them later on because I love the sweet flavor they add.
- **As it sits for a few minutes the juices will gather at the bottom, so toss again before plating.
- For best results serve fruit salad within an hour of preparing.
- Recipe originally shared June 2014.