This Fruit Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing is one of those recipes that I’m asking myself, where has this been all my life? This combination of fresh berry flavors paired with the sweet and tangy honey balsamic dressing is a match meant to be! It’s incredibly easy to make and perfectly refreshing on a hot summer day.
Fruit Salad Recipes
Fruit Salad is one of my favorite side dishes. And at any given time of year I usually have a lot of fruit on hand so when I have people over I’ll usually throw together some sort of fruit salad. Here’s my list of go-to fruit salads:
- Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad
- Berry Cheesecake Fruit Salad
- Melon Pineapple Fruit Salad
- Winter Fruit Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
- Creamy Cinnamon Apple Walnut Fruit Salad
- Creamy Grape Fruit Salad
- And now we’ve got this super delicious Berry Fruit Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing to add to this list!
Ingredients for this Fruit Salad
- Fresh berries; strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries
- Balsamic vinegar
- Mint for garnish (optional)
- Sweet ricotta topping (optional)
How to Make this Fruit Salad
First you’ll whisk together the balsamic vinegar and sugar, then whisk in honey.
Place fruit in a large bowl then pour dressing over top.
Toss to coat and preferably let rest 15 minutes in the refrigerator for flavors to meld.
Serve in individual bowls or cups topped with sweet whipped ricotta topping if desired and garnish with mint.
Fruit Salad Dressing
For this fruit salad I chose to go with a Honey Balsamic Dressing because I love the way it compliments berries. Just think about the last time you had strawberries with a balsamic reduction, it’s the same flavor idea here but with lots of berries. It’s so good!
If you don’t have time to let the dressing and berries rest together you can serve it right away. I just liked it a little better when the fruit had softened up a little and the flavors came together just a tad more.
Tips for this Recipe
- Make this fruit salad when berries are in season. The best tasting berries will yield the best tasting fruit salad.
- If you don’t want to buy all 4 kinds of berries then use at least two just up the amount (and I’d make one of those two strawberries).
- Use chilled berries. If they’re garden picked or from the farmers market be sure to chill them first, a fruit salad is always better cold.
More Summer Recipes to Try
Follow Cooking Classy
Berry Fruit Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 10 oz. fresh strawberries, halved
- 10 oz. fresh bluberries
- 6 oz. fresh raspberries
- 6 oz. fresh blackberries
- Fresh mint for garnish (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together vinegar and sugar until sugar is nearly dissolved then whisk in honey.
- Add strawberries, blueberries and blackberries to a medium bowl.
- Pour dressing over top then toss to coat, add raspberries and gently toss.
- Preferably let rest in refrigerator for 15 minutes. For more decadence add large spoonful of ricotta whipped cream to each serving.