Chicken Fried Rice is one of the best weeknight dinners around! It’s a homemade version of my favorite take-out classic. We all had that ham fried rice growing up but move over ham because the chicken variation is 100 times better!
The whole family will love this protein packed, hearty chicken and brown rice combo.
Chicken Fried Rice
This chicken fried rice will easily become one of your go-to dinners! It’s easy, it calls for basic ingredients, it’s hearty and filling and it’s perfectly flavorful.
Plus it’s quick to make and clean up is a breeze. My kind of dinner!
Ingredients for This Recipe
- Brown rice
- Chicken breasts
- Sesame oil and canola oil
- Frozen peas and carrots blend
- Green onions
- Low-sodium soy sauce
How to Make Chicken Fried Rice
- First cook chicken in a little oil in wok or skillet.
- Saute veggies (peas, carrots, onions, garlic) the move to the side of pan.
- Add in eggs and scramble and cook.
- Return chicken to skillet along with some cooked rice then season with soy sauce. Told you it was easy!
Watch the Video and See How Easy it Is (1 Min)!
It’s a Healthier Option
It’s like Chinese take-out but it’s made healthy with the use of brown rice and chicken in place of the traditional white rice and ham.
Another great thing about this is it’s a meal the entire family can agree on, my husband and I both loved it and my kids will polish theirs off. It’s also so convenient how it s a meal all in one.
Save this recipe and be sure to try it soon, you’re going to love it!
Can I Make it with Cauliflower Rice?
I actually have a delicious Cauliflower Chicken Fried “Rice” recipe HERE for a lower carb option.
More Chinese Recipes You’ll Love
Chicken Fried Rice
An easy flavorful fried rice that's made with brown rice and lean chicken breast instead of white rice and ham. A recipe everyone can agree on! Hearty and so satisfying. It make great leftovers too.
- 3 cups cooked long-grain brown rice (preferably left over rice. White is fine too)
- 3/4 lb bonelss skinless chicken breasts , diced into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil , divided
- 1 Tbsp canola oil , divided
- 1 1/3 cups frozen peas and carrots blend
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sriracha , for serving (optional)
In a large non-stick wok or skillet, heat 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil and 1 1/2 tsp of the canola oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken pieces, season lightly with salt and pepper and saute until cooked through, about 5 - 6 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
Return skillet to medium-high heat, add remaining 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil and 1 1/2 tsp canola oil. Add peas and carrots blend and green onions and saute 1 minute, then add garlic and saute 1 minute longer. Push veggies to edges of pan, add eggs in center and cook and scramble.
Return chicken to skillet along with rice. Add in soy sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm with Sriracha to taste if desired.
Recipe Source: adapted with slight changes from Rachel Schultz