I love that this One Pan Garlic Herb Chicken and Veggies is a healthy dinner choice with the lean protein and plenty of veggies, yet it is a perfectly hearty and flavorful meal! I also love that it’s a dish my family can agree on, picky eating kids included!
I love the trio combination of garlic, fresh herbs and lemon and it goes so well with chicken and the veggies used here.
One Pan Chicken and Veggies
One thing I learned with the garlic in this recipe is that there isn’t really a way around getting bitter garlic if you cook it with the chicken (because of how long the chicken is cooked for over hot heat, I mean you could add it in with the chicken during the last 2 minutes but at that point it’s not going to flavor the chicken much).
So instead I opted to just add all of the garlic to the potato mixture, which works out fine in the end because you eat it all together anyway.
Par Cook the Potatoes First
Then with the potatoes I found it works best to par-cook them in the microwave before sauteing them. That way it cuts back on cooking time and you don’t need to add even more oil (potatoes tend to have a way of soaking it up).
This is a simple 30 minute chicken meal that you’ll want to make again and again!
Plus you’re in luck if you’ve got an herb garden, this will put those herbs to great use. This is a meal definitely worthy of adding to your weeknight menu rotation, what’s not to love here?
More One Pan Chicken Recipes to Try
- One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Root Vegetables
- One Pan Creamy Chicken and Rice
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken with Green Beans and Tomatoes
Follow Cooking Classy
One Pan Garlic Herb Chicken and Veggies
An easy, delicious one pan meal including lean protein and lots of fresh veggies. Flavored with garlic, herbs and fresh lemon.
- 20 oz petite red potatoes (about 10)
- 4 (6 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves, divided, plus more for garnish
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves, divided, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp butter, divided
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (12 oz) pkg. frozen green beans (whole or cut)
- 1 medium lemon
- Pierce each potato twice (once on top and once on bottom). Microwave 5 - 8 minutes until nearly soft, set aside to cool slightly then cut into quarters while chicken is cooking.
- Pound thicker parts of chicken to an even thickness. Season top of chicken with salt and pepper and sprinkle 1 tsp of the rosemary and 1 tsp of the thyme evenly over chicken.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Add chicken to skillet seasoned side down, cover with a splatter screen if you have one.
- Allow to cook until bottom is golden brown, about 6 minutes, then sprinkle tops with salt and pepper and 1 tsp rosemary and 1 tsp thyme.
- Flip chicken to opposite side and allow to cook until center registers 165 degrees, about 6 minutes longer. Transfer chicken to a sheet of foil, spritz with juice of half of the lemon (1 1/2 Tbsp), wrap to keep warm.
- Melt remaining 1 Tbsp butter in same skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Add garlic and saute until lightly golden, about 30 seconds then add potatoes and remaining 1 tsp rosemary.
- Cook tossing occasionally for 3 minutes then add green beans. Season veggies with salt and pepper to taste and cook until veggies are tender, about 4 minutes longer.
Spritz with juice of remaining lemon half (1 1/2 Tbsp juice), return chicken to skillet. Sprinkle with a little more rosemary and thyme and serve immediately.