I love a good Greek salad with a vibrant lemon vinaigrette and salmon is one of my favorite dinners, so why not put the two together? I eat so many chicken salads but I decided it was time to switch things up and use a different kind of protein. If you’d like of course you could still use chicken with this recipe for a cheaper alternative (it will need to cook longer), but for a little splurge salmon is where it’s at with this recipe! To be honest I think it was the first time I’ve eaten a salmon salad. I eat salmon all the time but I’ve never really added it directly to my salad, I know I need to get out more. I loved it though, and I’m sure I will do it again and again!
This is the perfect summer salad! I love how well all the flavors of each ingredient blend together. All the fresh veggies with a Lemon Dill Vinaigrette and a heart healthy salmon fillet are a wonderful combination. This salad is packed with goodness and it’s an entree I’ll definitely want to make again!
Greek Salmon Salad
- 4 (5 - 6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 head Romaine lettuce , chopped
- 2 large Roma tomatoes , diced
- 1 cucumber , peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup sliced red onions (run under cool water and drain to remove harsh bite)
- 4 oz feta cheese , crumbled (regular or light)
- 1/3 cup sliced kalamata olives (optional)
Lemon Dill Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 medium cloves garlic , minced
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a panini press to moderately high heat or a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of salmon lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spray panini press or grill pan lightly with cooking spray. Add salmon to panini press and gently close, allow to cook about 4 - 5 minutes until cooked through (salmon should flake easily with a fork. For the grill pan cook about 4 minutes per side over medium-high heat). Remove from grill and let cool slightly.
- Plate all remaining salad ingredients then top with salmon. Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve immediately.
- For the vinaigrette:
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until well emulsified. Store in refrigerator.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy