If you eat as much chicken (especially grilled chicken) as we do at my house then you want all the chicken recipes you can get your hands on, right? This Grilled Moroccan Chicken is one of my latest favorite chicken recipes! It is marinated for hours in a bright yet earthy marinade and I love those sweet notes from the cinnamon and ginger. I’m thinking this one is so good you’ll likely add it to your dinner rotation!
I served this with Moroccan Couscous with Roasted Vegetables (a recipe I’ll be sharing later this week) and there couldn’t be a better combo! It made for such a fresh meal with so many exciting flavors – it was so good in fact that even my kids loved it.
The great thing about this chicken is that you can put it in the marinade before you head to work in the morning then when you get home from work it will be ready to throw on the grill. So check mark delicious flavor, easy prep, perfectly convenient for weeknights, it’s a healthy choice, and it’s family approved. All around dinner win! Try it soon!
- 1 1/2 lbs trimmed boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 1 Tbsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pound thicker parts of a chicken breasts with the flat side of a meat mallet to even out their thickness. In a medium mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon, turmeric and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper (about 3/4 - 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper). Place chicken in a gallon size resealable bag. Pour marinade over chicken and seal bag while pressing out excess air. Rub marinade over chicken breasts (and make sure marinade goes between chicken breasts). Transfer to refrigerator and allow to marinate at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat to about 425 degrees. Grill chicken until center registers 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer, about 4 minutes per side for 6 oz chicken breasts. Transfer to plate then cover and keep warm and let rest about 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve warm.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy