It’s official, I’m hooked on Silk® Cashewmilk! For the last two years I’ve been drinking almondmilk and the past few months I’ve started seeing cashewmilk pop up in the dairy section of most grocery stores. I’ve been hesitant to try it because I’ve loved almondmilk so much. Today I finally tried it and I’m completely in love with it! The Silk Vanilla Cashewmilk is irresistibly creamy and the flavor is dreamy, and don’t even get me started on the Silk Chocolate Cashewmilk! It’s deliciously rich and perfectly chocolatey and I would love to find it as part of my breakfast meal every single morning! The incredible thing about these two drinks is that even my kids and my husband loved them! I haven’t been able to get any of them to like almondmilk but each of them thoroughly enjoyed this cashewmilk.
And which would I continue to buy out of the two? Both of course! The vanilla to add to my morning oatmeal or cereal and the chocolate to drink straight up or make it into a chocolate smoothie of some kind.
Today I used the Silk Vanilla Cashewmilk to make these 100% whole wheat pancakes. They turned out soft and fluffy and they are so hearty and filling. Then when you top them with a fresh honey-sweetened strawberry syrup they become a stack of pancakes that no one could resist. This is my new favorite strawberry syrup even though it’s not made with sugar. I’m sure it will be my go to strawberry syrup recipe from now on.
My favorite way to serve these pancakes was actually with whipped coconut cream not the regular whipped cream. I’m just so not pro at vegan foods yet so my whipped coconut cream only made it to pretty soft peaks (which could also be in part that brands vary), but even though it didn’t hold up well it didn’t matter at all. I just used the regular cream for pictures but I’d recommend the coconut cream with these, the flavor combo of strawberry and coconut is amazing! Just be sure to chill the can of coconut cream for 24 hours before removing and whipping the solids.
Try these pancakes soon, I have the feeling you’ll love them as much as my family does!
Whole Wheat Pancakes with Honey Sweetened Strawberry Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups Silk® Vanilla Cashewmilk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (zest lemon first for syrup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil , melted
- Whipped coconut cream or whipped cream , for serving (optional)
- 1 lb strawberries , diced (3 1/3 cups diced)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- For the strawberry syrup:
- Bring honey, strawberries and lemon zest to a boil in a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat slightly and allow to boil about 5 minutes until berries are softened and juices are well extracted.
- In a small bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch until smooth then pour into berry mixture. Allow to boil until thickened about 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- For the pancakes:
- Preheat a non-stick electric griddle to 375 degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk together wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt for 20 seconds.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together Silk® Vanilla cashewmilk and lemon juice then mix in eggs and honey. While whisking stir in coconut oil.
- While whisking, slowly pour cashew milk mixture into whole wheat flour mixture. Stir just until combined. Spray griddle with non-stick cooking spray then pour about 1/3 cup batter onto griddle at a time. Cook until bubbles begin to appear on top surface and bottom is golden brown, then carefully lift and flip to opposite side and cook until bottom is golden brown.
- Serve warm with strawberry syrup and optional whipped coconut cream or whipped cream.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Silk through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Silk Cashewmilk, all opinions are my own.