I told you I’ve been adding peaches to everything lately, even our main dish at dinner. Peaches go so well with chicken so I knew I had to try this Balsamic Peach Chicken Skillet I found on Pinterest. I added a few slight changes to the recipe like adding garlic and honey, more balsamic vinegar and more basil and swapping the canola oil for olive oil but other than that I kept it the same and it is seriously amazing! I’ve actually made this twice already, I accidentally posted it last week for a few hours (not sure how that happened). The first time I used chicken tenders but I didn’t like those photos and I was happy to have an excuse to make this again, so the second time around I tried it with chicken breasts. Both versions are equally as good so just use what you have. My brother who is here visiting was skeptical about this but he actually ended up loving it! Even the kids enjoyed it. And not only does this tastes incredible it’s also incredibly easy to make. All around dinner win! One of my new favorite easy dinners! It really has such an incredible flavor combination with the fresh peaches, fresh basil and the reduced balsamic vinegar. I wasn’t sure if I’d love the tomato addition but it really did blend so well and it gave more dimension to the flavor of the sauce.
You can serve this with a side of rice or couscous, or I think it would go well with a number of different grains like farro, barley or quinoa – but really it’s all about this simple yet incredibly flavorful balsamic peach chicken! I hope you love it too!
Follow Cooking Classy
Balsamic Peach Chicken Skillet
A deliciously flavorful easy summer chicken recipe! Chicken breasts are pan seared and finished with a sweet and tangy balsamic peach sauce.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion , sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 (5 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 1/4 lbs chicken breast tenderloins
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 cups sliced firm but ripe peaches (about 2 medium)
- 1 (14.5) oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil ribbons
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute 3 minutes then push far to the side. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook until golden, about 2 1/2 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet and transfer to a plate, while leaving oil and onions in skillet (if you don't have much oil left you can add another 1/2 Tbsp). Add garlic to skillet and saute 20 seconds (you can push onions back to center if you haven't already). Add balsamic vinegar and cook and stir until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Stir in honey then add in peaches and tomatoes and toss, season lightly with salt and pepper. Return chicken to skillet, nestling between peaches and tomatoes (you can lift some of the peaches and tomatoes over the chicken to create more room), cover skillet with lid, reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer until chicken has cooked through (it should register 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer), about 6 - 9 minutes. Top with fresh basil and serve warm.
- Recipe source: adapted from allrecipes