I feel like I’m totally going back in time with this post. Not with the recipe but with the pictures. Technically I’m on vacation visiting family but seriously I just can’t ever stop cooking. I don’t like to take vacations from cooking and baking. I’m pretty sure I’m addicted.
At least its a healthy-ish addiction right :)? Besides all my family ever says when I see them is, “I’ve missed your cooking”. Seriously, when is someone just going to say to me, “we’ve missed you“?
my mom does it when she comes to stay. I’m really not offended by it, but it is funny and it’s also a great round about way of saying “so…whats for dinner tonight”? :)
Anyway I took these pictures with my sisters camera since I didn’t bring mine along. I wasn’t planning on sharing these but they were too good not to.
Really how could you go wrong with this kind of combination? Fudgy, chewy, chocolaty brownies topped with a carmely, rich, dulce de leche frosting that’s loaded with lightly salty peanuts that offer just the right amount of crunch and contrast – yes, it’s an irresistible combination. Enjoy!
Follow Cooking Classy
Brownies with Dulce de Leche-Salted Peanut Frosting
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter , melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp packed light-brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/3 cup dulce de leche
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar , sifted
- 1/2 cup chopped , lightly salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk together granulated sugar and brown sugar, then whisk in flour, cocoa powder and salt. Add in melted butter and using a wooden spoon, stir until evenly moistened.
- Mix in eggs then egg yolk and vanilla. Pour mixture into a buttered 8 by 8-inch baking dish and spread into an even layer. Bake in preheated oven 28 - 32 minutes until toothpick comes out free of batter. Allow to cool completely.
- For the Dulce de Leche-Salted Peanut Frosting:
- In a small saucepan set over medium-high heat, bring butter, milk and light brown sugar to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Allow mixture to boil for 1 minute then remove from heat, stir in dulce de leche and vanilla. Add in powdered sugar and whisk until well blended.
- Stir in peanuts and pour mixture over cooled brownies and spread into an even layer. Transfer to refrigerator or allow frosting to set at room temperature then cut into squares and store in an airtight container.