Most of you have probably tried greens smoothies but have you tried a purple smoothie yet? I hadn’t until this one and now after tasting it, I’m hooked. I love the way all the different elements of this come together to create such an exciting and invigorating smoothie.
The flavor is unlike any smoothie I’ve tried before. I’m thinking part of that is due to the Hibiscus tea that’s blended in.
This was actually the first time I’ve ever added tea to a smoothie but it was just what this smoothie needed. I love the way it blended in and hid the flavor of the red cabbage (because really do we want to taste the veggie in a sweet smoothie? I know I don’t).
If you are looking for a satisfying and refreshing smoothie recipe, or if your just getting bored of the same old green smoothies then be sure to try out this simple recipe.
My whole family loved it, kids included. Healthy and delicious, I’m definitely in.
Follow Cooking Classy
Cabbage and Berry Purple Smoothie
- 8 oz. purple cabbage (half of a small head)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 ripe banana , peeled and frozen
- 1 (5.3 oz) container cherry Greek yogurt (or strawberry)
- 1 cup chilled Hibiscus tea*
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Add all ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth.
- *I used Tazo Passion Herbal Infusion tea. I heated 1/2 cup water then added the tea bag then steeped and added enough ice to make 1 cup to cool faster.
- 1 cup cranberry juice blend or pomegranate juice blend would be a good alternative if you don't like tea.