It’s summer so we should all be drinking as many smoothies as we can right? I think it is the best time of year for smoothies because there’s such an abundance of good fresh fruit, and better yet, at great prices. I just bought 4 lbs of blueberries for $5 yesterday, epic I know. For these I bought whole fresh pineapple for .99 cents then just peeled and chopped them and froze in bags for later. I love getting good deals on food, always have always will – because that just means buy more food right :)? You should see the cereal stash at my house, it gets a little crazy sometimes.
I love smoothies because they are perfect for enjoying any time of the day and you don’t feel weighed down after drinking them. They are a great way to pack in your fruits and veggies for the day and they are a great source of natural vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and bioflavonoids and they help give you energy to keep on going. And let’s not forget how easy they are to make, it only takes a couple of minutes, so it’s a no brainer.
This Strawberry Colada Smoothie is perfect for summer, it offers that flavor that reminds of you being in the tropics, soaking up the sun on a warm sandy beach somewhere. We all love Pina Coladas but have you tried blending some strawberry into the mix? Well you should, starting with these nutritious smoothies! Coconut and strawberries just go together, it’s one of those pairings that was meant to be. And this smoothie is the perfect way to cool of during these hot summer days.
Follow Cooking Classy
Strawberry Colada Smoothie
- 8 oz fresh strawberries , chilled, hulled
- 1 ripe banana , peeled and frozen
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 (5.3 oz) container coconut Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk beverage (the kind found in the dairy isle)*
- Pulse strawberries in a food processor until well pureed.
- To a blender add banana, pineapple, coconut Greek yogurt and 1 1/4 cups coconut milk. Pulse until well blended, adding an additional 1/4 cup coconut milk as needed.
- Spoon pineapple mixture into glasses filling about 1/3 full then add a spoonful or two of the strawberry mixture, swirl lightly with a butter knife then repeat twice more. Serve immediately.
- Alternately, all ingredients can be blended together in a blender versus processing strawberries separately.
- *Light canned coconut milk can also be substitute just blend 1:1 with water.