These Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies Bites are one of the ultimate ways to make chocolate chips cookies! Perfectly soft, and chewy, super tiny and cute and oh so pop-able.
One after another after another.
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
My daughter put in a special request today for tiny chocolate chip cookies and tiny cupcakes (I finally found a tiny cupcake tin (smaller than a mini) at a local kitchen supply store so it’s a frequent request at our house). Since I love all things mini I decided why not, especially if it means I get to eat chocolate chip cookies.
I have to tell you, these are definitely one of my new favorite ways to enjoy chocolate chip cookies. They are just so pop-able and incredibly hard to resist!
You’ll think, okay I eat like 10 (that sounds like a lot, but remember these are bite-size), but no way is that going to happen. I set 10 in front of me but then just kept reaching for more and quickly lost count.
So yes, these are quite dangerous. Not to mention they taste like the perfect chocolate chip cookie. They are soft, chewy and moist and they have a generous amount of chocolate (which is always a must right?). I used to always be into the large bakery size chocolate chip cookies but now I’ve finally met my match.
This recipe does make a ton, but remember they are tiny so you still just might want to double it. Especially if you are making these to take to a party. You can never have too many mini chocolate chip cookies!
I recommend having someone help you roll these just to make things go faster since there are so many (one person can scoop, the other person can roll) If you have kids around, I promise you they’ll love to help. My kids couldn’t get enough of these. Highlight of their day for sure! Mine too :).
Follow Cooking Classy
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites
- 1 1/3 cups (178g) all-purpose flour (scoop and level to measure)
- 1 tsp (3g) cornstarch
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (113g) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips , plus more for topping if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt for 20 seconds, set aside.
- Place butter in a microwave safe bowl, heat in microwave on HIGH power until butter has melted halfway. Remove and whisk until fully melted. Pour butter into the bowl of an electric stand mixer.
- Add brown sugar and granulated sugar, fit mixer with paddle attachment and blend mixture on medium speed until well combined. Mix in egg and vanilla extract. With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough out a slightly heaping 1/2 tsp at a time and drop onto plates (wax paper, whatever). Shape each into a ball, then if desired press 3 - 4 more chocolate chips into top (totally optional, mostly for looks...and more chocolate).
- Align on two parchment paper or silicone baking mat lined baking sheets, spacing 1-inch apart. Bake in preheated oven about 5 - 6 minutes (they should still fill soft and slightly under-baked, they will continue to cook slightly once removed from oven so carefully not to over-bake).
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.