A recipe for just one big Chocolate Chip Cookie!
Perfect for two (or for one, and you can save half for later), or it’s a fun baking project to do with the kids! It’s perfectly soft and chewy, deliciously sweet and buttery, and who can resist those lightly crisp edges?
One Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
This recipe doesn’t require a mixer. It only takes about 5 minutes prep, a few prep tools, and a quick bake in the oven and you’ve got yourself an unbelievably delicious chocolate chip cookie!
We are talking just the right amount of crisp to the edges, a perfectly soft, moist and chewy center and it’s laden with a generous amount of dark chocolate chips.
Just the way a chocolate chip cookie was meant to be but more simplified to make!
I know the egg part of this recipe is annoying, 1 Tbsp, gotta save the rest (which are perfect for scrambled eggs). But it’s worth that little bit of extra effort. 1 whole egg would be way too much and I tried alternate methods like using another liquid but they just don’t have a great texture.
This recipe is a family favorite! Try it for yourself and you’ll see why.
How to Make One Chocolate Chip Cookie
The easiest chocolate chip cookie recipe. Here’s a breakdown of the simple steps (scroll below for ingredient amounts, and full directions):
- Preheat oven, prepare baking sheet.
- Heat butter in microwave safe bowl until nearly melted.
- Add brown sugar, salt, portion of the egg, vanilla, flour and baking soda.
- Stir to blend well.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Shape into round on prepared baking sheet, dot top with some chocolate chips.
- Bake until golden brown on edges.
- Split dough into 3 portions to make 3 smaller cookies (small batch cookie option). Start checking cookies around 8 minutes.
- Use M&M’s (regular or mini) in place of chocolate chips.
- Use white chocolate chips and add sprinkles.
More Delicious Cookie Recipes to Try
- One Oatmeal Raisin Cookie
- One Peanut Butter Cookie
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites
- Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Follow Cooking Classy
This recipe only takes about 5 minutes prep, a few prep tools, and a quick bake in the oven and you've got yourself an unbelievably delicious chocolate chip cookie!
- 2 Tbsp (28g) salted butter
- 3 Tbsp (38g) packed light-brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp whisked egg*
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (40g) all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 4 Tbsp (42g) chocolate chips, divided
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Place butter in a microwave safe mixing bowl. Heat in microwave until nearly melted (you want it almost all the way melted, remove from microwave just before completely melted and stir to fully melt. You just don't want it too hot or it will cook the egg and melt the chocolate chips when stirring).
To melted butter, add brown sugar, salt, 1 tbsp egg, the vanilla, flour and baking soda. Stir with a spoon until well combined, about 20 - 30 seconds.
Mix in 3 tablespoons of the chocolate chips.
Shape dough into a 3 1/2-inch disk on a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet, gently press remaining 1 Tbsp chocolate chips randomly over top and sides of cookie.
Bake in preheated oven 12 - 14 minutes, until cookie is golden. Serve warm or allow to cool on a wire rack then store in an airtight container.
- *To get 1 Tbsp egg, crack egg into a small bowl, whisk until yolk and white are well blended, then measure out 1 Tbsp. Reserve remainder for another use (aka tomorrows breakfast).
- **If you're cookies are normally prone to spreading or at higher altitude use the scoop and level method to measure flour, if not use the spoon and level method to measure flour.