My new favorite Rice Krispie Treat… these, Cinnamon Roll Rice Krispie Treats! I love cinnamon rolls and I love Rice Krispie Treats so I had to find a way to combine the two, so I created these.
I love dressing up classics with a new and exciting twist. I’d have to say I like these equally as much as cinnamon rolls (which is really saying something because a fresh warm cinnamon roll is one of my favorite foods).
The incredible thing about these is that they taste just like a cinnamon roll but they can be made in a tenth the amount of time it takes to make a cinnamon roll. Bonus, they don’t have nearly as many calories as a cinnamon roll. You can make these two different ways, as pictured, or spread into one even layer and cut into squares.
Either way, completely and utterly delicious (I ate 3 just after making them, oops =)! They are even incredibly good without the frosting. These would also be good with chopped pecans sprinkled on top or folded in along with the cereal if you like nuts in cinnamon rolls.
You may also like to try Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats, Rice Krispie Treats with oreos and white chocolate, cant go wrong with that =).
Follow Cooking Classy
Two delicious treats in one! The same flavors of a cinnamon roll in rice krispies treat form!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp unsulphured molasses
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 (10.5 oz) bag miniature marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 recipe Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe follows)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/4 cup butter , softened
- 4 oz cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Butter a 9x13 dish, set aside. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium low heat. Stir in salt, molasses, and cinnamon. Add marshmallows and stir constantly until marshmallows have completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Fold in Rice Krispies Cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour Rice Krispie Treat mixture into buttered dish. Spread mixture evenly into pan with a buttered spatula. Allow to cool several minutes, then cut while still slightly warm. Using your hands, round edges of cut squares by cupping your hands around the edges and gently pressing. Allow to cool completely then pipe Cream Cheese Frosting over tops of Cinnamon Roll Rice Krispie Treats. Optional, dust the tops lightly with cinnamon.
- Alternately, for a simpler method, simply spread Rice Krispie Treats mixture into buttered pan after folding in cereal. Allow them to cool then spread Cream Cheese Frosting evenly over top with a butter knife or an icing spatula. Cut into squares.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, whip together butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in vanilla. Slowly add in powdered sugar and mix until smooth and fluffy.
If you don't like a lot of frosting then half the recipe for Cream Cheese Frosting is plenty.