These are by far my favorite Rice Krispie Treat! I love the cookies and cream combo, so why not in Rice Krispie Treats? These turn plan boring Rice Krispie Treats into fancy luxury =). They are addictive. I can never stop at one. If you like oreos or cookies and cream ice cream you will be ecstatic about these! You may also like to try Peppermint Rice Krispie Treats.
Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats
Yield: 18 squares
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 (10.5) oz bag mini marshmallows (note: if you have another bag on hand I would recommend adding an extra cup of marshmallows)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10 oreos , chopped into bits (about the size of pebbles, there will be powder too), about 1 cup
- 1 1/3 cups white chocolate chips
- 6 oreos , chopped into bits (about the size of pebbles), about 1/2 cup
Butter a 13 x 9 pan, set aside. Melt butter in a large non-stick saucepan over medium low heat, swirling butter up along edges of the pan (this helps the marshmallows stick much less). Stir in marshmallows and stir constantly until melted. Remove from heat and gently stir in Rice Krispies cereal, stir until evenly coated. Fold in 10 chopped oreos. Pour mixture into buttered dish. Using a buttered spatula or greased hands gently press mixture evenly into dish, set aside. In a microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips on 50% power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. Spread melted chocolate evenly over Rice Krispie Treats and immediately (before chocolate hardens) sprinkle with 6 chopped oreos. Cover and refrigerate about 10 minutes, or alternately let rest on counter until chocolate hardens (it just takes longer). Cut into 18 squares.
Recipe adapted slightly from Cast Sugar.