Finger-lickin Cookies & Cream Muddy Buddies are about to be your new favorite snack! Take your favorite Muddy Buddy recipe (crunchy Chex, candy melts, sweet powdered sugar), add in the timeless Oreo cookies, and you’ll wonder how they disappeared so fast. Try these for your next Super Bowl party snack!
Such a fun twist on the classic muddy buddies! I could eat the whole batch on my own. These are particularly popular with kids, so let your kids help you mix them up or surprise them with some incredible Cookies & Cream Muddy Buddies after school and be a superhero.
Cookies & Cream Muddy Buddies
It takes 4 ingredients and they can honestly be made in under 5 minutes! I made these twice in the last two days (yeah they are that good), the second time around I did an equal ratio of powdered sugar to Oreo and it was perfect. You might play with the ingredients to fit your tastes—more Oreo, add peanut butter, etc.
I ate these while eating cookies and cream ice cream and I think I may just like these more—that is SERIOUSLY saying something! It’s crazy that they’re SO yummy and SO easy. Sometimes the simplest things are the best. Warning: the following recipe is highly addictive, prepare at your own risk.
When to Make Muddy Buddies
One of the best things about Muddy Buddies is that they’re so fast to whip up. I like to have the basic ingredients on hand, and then mix it up with whatever sounds good. My kids love Muddy Buddies as an after-school snack, and I love to make them for road trips or whenever we need to cheer on the sidelines for a game or performance. Cookies & Cream Muddy Buddies would also make an ideal game day or Super Bowl party snack! Try making Muddy Buddies for:
- Game night
- Kid’s class parties
- Birthday parties
- Taking to a movie
- Bachelor-viewing girls nights
- Road trips
- After-school snacks
- Weekend snacking (make a huge bowl everyone!)
- Neighbor gifts
- Holiday parties
- Anytime you need a little sweet boost!
Like these? Try my Orange Creamsicle Muddy Buddies too!
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
Cookies and Cream Muddy Buddies
- 6 cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 1/2 cup very finely crushed Oreos (8 original Oreos)*
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (12 oz) bag Vanilla Candy Melts, such as Wilton
- Measure 6 cups Corn Chex Cereal into a large mixing bowl, set aside. Pour crushed Oreos and powdered sugar into a large ziploc bag, seal bag and shake to combine mixture, set aside. In a microwave safe bowl, melt Vanilla candy melts in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth.
- Pour melted candy melts over Corn Chex and toss mixture with a rubber spatula until evenly coated (scrapping down the sides of the bowl as stirring, don't waste any of that melted candy).
- Pour or scoop coated Corn Chex into ziploc bag containing crushed Oreo mixture. Seal bag and shake until the cereal is evenly coated. Store in an airtight container up to one week (but don't kid yourself they won't be around for a week =).
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy