Cornflake Cookies – with kettle chips! These sweet and salty no bake cookies are a treat you’ll want to make a new tradition every holiday season! And they couldn’t be easier to make, you don’t even need to the oven on.
These cornflake cookies only require basic ingredients and a few simple steps yet you get such an irresistible, addictive end result!
It starts with crispy cookie base, thanks to the cornflakes and kettle chips, then they’re covered in a chewy, sweet peanut butter coating and finished with colorful sprinkles if you want to make them festive.
I know things can get so busy during the holiday season and this shortcut recipe is the perfect way to have a homemade treat for gifting! I’m yet to meet someone who doesn’t love them!
For this recipe I used my go-to brand of kettle chips – Kettle Brand potato chips. They’re perfectly crisp, consistency delicious and always a snack everybody loves!
They work magic in these simple cookies, adding in some richness and a nice lightly salty flavor to balance out all the sweetness.
How to Make Cornflake Cookies
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or wax paper, set aside.
- In a large saucepan stir together sugar and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once it reaches a boil, remove from heat, stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Quickly stir it until smooth.
- Add in cornflakes and potato chips and toss to coat well.
- Immediately scoop mixture out and drop by rounded spoonfuls (using two spoons or a cookie scoop) onto lined baking sheets.
- Let set at room temperature. Store in an airtight container.
Tips for This Recipe
- Crush kettle chips about the same size as the cornflakes. Measure after crushing.
- Don’t use crunchy peanut butter, only use creamy peanut butter here. A natural peanut butter should be fine as long as it’s not runny.
- Have ingredients and parchment ready because this sugar mixture will start to set quickly.
- Also toss with cornflakes and chips and drop right away before it starts to set in the saucepan, then add sprinkles immediately if using.
More Easy No Bake Treats You’ll Love!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- Pretzel Rolo Turtles (3 Ingredients)
- Biscoff No Bake Cookies
- Chewy Salted Caramel Popcorn
Follow the Kettle Instagram page for updates on exciting new flavors, giveaways and more!
Corn Flake Cookies
Cornflake Cookies - with kettle chips! These sweet and salty no bake cookies are a treat you'll want to make a new tradition every holiday season! And these crisp and chewy peanut butter flavored cookies couldn't be easier to make, you don't even need to the oven on.
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (235 ml) light corn syrup
- 1 cup (246g) creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups (127g) cornflakes cereal
- 2 cups (113g) crushed Kettle Potato Chips*
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or wax paper (or just spread a long sheet of it across the counter).
In a large saucepan stir together sugar and corn syrup.
Bring just to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat immediately stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
Add in cornflakes and potato chips and toss to coat well.
Immediately scoop mixture out and drop by rounded spoonfuls (using two spoons or a cookie scoop) onto lined baking sheets.**
Let set at room temperature. Store in an airtight container.
- *Crush kettle chips about the size of the cornflakes, measure after crushing.
- **If adding sprinkles immediately sprinkle some over after dropping each cookie before the start to set, otherwise sprinkles won't stick.