Loaded caramel popcorn! Sweet and crunchy caramel popcorn is studded with salty kettle chips and finished with a chocolate drizzle. You haven’t had caramel popcorn until you’ve had this Kettle Chip version. Look no further for your Christmas treat gift to friends and neighbors, everyone who tried this absolutely loved it!
Caramel Popcorn with Kettle Chips!
I love this because it’s a treat that everyone both young and old alike will love and it’s perfect for the holidays.
Guests need a few treats and snacks to hold them over between meals and this popcorn will have them swooning! It’s easy to make and the hint of salt giving it that salted caramel flavor will leave everyone craving more and asking for the recipe.
Make it festive by adding sprinkles or swap out the chocolate for white chocolate – or go all out and add both. You can even leave the chocolate out of the recipe and you’ll still have a totally irresistible caramel popcorn! Try this soon, I mean duh, it has Kettle Brand Chips so it’s got to be good!
I made it with my favorite potato chips – Kettle Brand Chips just can’t be beat! Kettle chips are available in a variety of fun flavors, made with non-GMO ingredients.
They have the most irresistible crunch, the perfect amount of salt (especially the Sea Salt flavorthat is used in this recipe) and just an unbeatable flavor. Add that to caramel popcorn, drizzle it with chocolate and I’m sure you can imagine all the delicious flavors that will happen!
More Delicious Christmas Treats to Try!
Follow Cooking Classy
Kettle Chip Caramel Popcorn
Loaded caramel popcorn! Sweet and crunchy caramel popcorn studded with salty kettle chips and finished with a chocolate drizzle. You haven't had caramel popcorn until you've had this Kettle Chip Caramel Popcorn! Look no further for your Christmas treat gift to friends and neighbors, everyone who tried this absolutely loved it!
- 11 cups popped plain unsalted popcorn
- 4 cups Kettle Brand Sea Salt Kettle Chips, slightly crushed to about 2 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Pour popcorn and kettle chips into an extra large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup and bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Allow to boil 5 minutes without stirring (mine reached 252 degrees if you're using a thermometer) then immediately remove from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda until well combined (it will foam up and double in volume).
- Immediately (and carefully, it's hot!) drizzle mixture over popcorn and toss to evenly coat.
- Spread onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone liner and bake in preheated oven 1 hour, removing from oven and tossing every 15 minutes. If using sprinkles immediately add sprinkles once the 1 hour is up. Cool at room temperature.
- Place chocolate chips in a small mixing bowl. Heat in microwave on 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring well between intervals, until melted and smooth.
- Transfer to a small resealable bag, seal bag and cut a tiny tip from the corner and drizzle chocolate evenly over popcorn.
- Allow chocolate to set at room temperature or in refrigerator, then break popcorn into pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.