This recipe for One Santa Cookie is the easiest and fastest Christmas cookie you can make! And it’s one of the tastiest too. I know Santa’s loves it!
Recipe for One Extra Large Christmas Cookie
If you’re like me come Christmas eve you don’t have much time to make a full batch of cookies – so this is going to be our new go-to tradition.
One big cookie just for Santa that only took minutes to prep!
It’s got perfectly crisp edges, a soft and chewy center and it has chocolate in every bite.
Oh and those sprinkles add the perfect special touch (though they are optional. I also added a few edible star sprinkles after baking because I couldn’t help it).
How to Make One Big Cookie
After all the work you’ve put into the holidays you’ll deserve this cookie!
My two kids and I have actually been making it many times over the last few weeks because it’s a great size for sharing.
Plus I love the simple prep, the quick results and the easy clean up.
This cookie is an all around win! Save this recipe, it will definitely come in very handy soon and not just for Christmas eve.
It would make a perfect last minute gift for a friend as well.
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
One Santa Cookie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet (half or quarter sheet) with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place butter in a microwave safe mixing bowl.
- Heat in microwave until about 2/3 of the way melted (it should take roughly 20 seconds), remove and stir to melt fully.
- To melted butter, add brown sugar, salt, 1 tbsp egg, vanilla, flour and baking soda. Stir with a spoon or rubber spatula until well combined.
- Mix in about 3/4 of the M&Ms. Shape dough into a disk about 3 1/2-inches on a prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 of the M&Ms over top along with sprinkles if using. Bake in preheated oven 11 - 14 minutes, until edges are just golden brown (cookie should appear slightly under-baked in center).
- Serve warm or allow to cool on a wire rack then store in an airtight container.
- *To get 1 Tbsp egg crack egg into a small bowl, whisk until yolk and white are blended, then measure out 1 Tbsp. Reserve remainder for another use.
- **I've also made this using a 1.77 oz tube of red and green Mini M&Ms, which is equal to 1/4 cup.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy - inspired by my other single cookie