Peppermint Bark Popcorn! Like me, do you wait until the last minute to make a holiday treat for your friends or neighbors?
If you answered yes, then this recipe has definitely got you covered. It’s nothing like those 4 hour long recipes that seem as though they take all day to prepare, then 4 hours more to rest in the fridge.
This recipe takes about 10 – 15 minutes to make and it is completely addictive! Not to mention it’s got holiday festiveness written all over it, especially once you add the Christmas sprinkles.
If you like salty and sweet you could even add in 1 1/4 cups of broken pretzel pieces along with the popcorn.
This recipe definitely deserves to make it to this years treat list. Trust me, you’ll be so glad it did! Happy Holidays and enjoy!
Follow Cooking Classy
Peppermint Bark Popcorn
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels (10 cups popped)
- 12 oz vanilla candy melts or vanilla almond bark
- 5 candy canes (peppermint) , finely crushed (crush until it's half powder half tiny pieces. Scant 1/2 cup)
- Few Tbsp Sprinkles (optional)
- 1/2 cup good quality chocolate chips (milk, semi or bitter-sweet, whichever you prefer)
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- Pop kernels in a popcorn popper according to manufacturers directions, into a very large bowl. Remove un-popped kernels.
- Melt candy melts according to directions listed on package.
- Pour melted candy melts over popcorn and toss to evenly coat, then set aside 1 Tbsp of crushed candy canes and immediately (before coating hardens) add remaining crushed candy canes to popcorn and toss to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle with Christmas or red sprinkles if desired. Spread onto a large piece of parchment or wax paper into a single layer (add more sprinkles if desired).
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips on 50% power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth.
- Stir peppermint extract into melted chocolate. Transfer to a piping bag (cut tip from corner) and drizzle evenly over popcorn.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 Tbsp candy canes over chocolate and allow chocolate to set at room temperature, then break popcorn into pieces. Store in an airtight container.