Is there anything more refreshing than an ice cold smoothie during these hot summer months? During the summer my family is always making smoothies so I was so excited to see this new cookbook by Deborah Harroun. Best 100 Smoothies for Kids is packed with easy smoothie recipes that are sure to please both young and old alike. I love that they are no sugar added recipes so I can serve them up to my kids any time of day and feel great about it.
The first smoothie I knew I had to try from this book are these Double-Decker Tropical Avocado Smoothies. Their name just says it all! I used to question avocado in smoothies but once you try it, you’ll see they work wonders. As long as you are adding them in with other ingredients you don’t really taste them, more than anything they just add a wonderful creaminess to a smoothie. I loved the way they paired with kiwi, pineapple juice and mangoes in this recipe! Then you get that simple top layer that consists of strawberries and coconut milk, I blended up a a little extra because I knew I’d love this layer.
If you’d like to purchase this cookbook packed with delicious smoothies of every kind you can buy it on Amazon here or Barnes and Noble here. I can’t wait to try all the other recipes from this book! They all look perfectly delicious and oh so refreshing!
Follow Cooking Classy
Double-Decker Tropical Avocado Smoothies
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 2 kiwis , peeled
- Half a small , ripe avocado, peeled and cored
- 3/4 cup coconut milk beverage
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- Pour pineapple juice into a blender. Add in mangoes, kiwis and avocado. Blend until smooth. Divide smoothie among 3 - 4 glasses. Rinse blender.
- Add coconut milk and strawberries to blender and blend until smooth. Spoon strawberry smoothie over smoothie in glasses. Serve immediately.
- Recipe source: recipe from Best 100 Smoothies for Kids by Deborah Harroun