Roasted Cabbage Wedges – easy and so delicious! Fresh cabbage is cut into slices, brushed with garlic oil and roasted until tender and lightly browned. Such a great way to prepare fresh cabbage!
I’ve been known to put more time and effort into the main dish then when it comes to sides I usually just steam a veggie or something. Sides like this roasted cabbage are so easy though that it’s nearly just as simply as steaming or sauteing veggies.
I love roasting vegetables because it really just brings out their natural sweetness and offers a depth of flavor that steaming or sauteing can’t. Really this is more of a method than a recipe but I thought I’d share in case you haven’t tried it yet.
Tip When Slicing Cabbage
This time around I started cutting the cabbage from side to side without realizing what I was doing, what you’ll want to do is cut it from top to bottom so the cabbage holds together a little better when you go to flip it, you may see one of mine fell apart and I tried to puzzle piece it back together. We learn from our mistakes, right?
With cabbage this good you may even forget about the main dish and you’ll be reaching for another one of these, I can’t get enough of it! It’s so easy yet so delicious!
How to Make Roasted Cabbage
Here’s the breakdown of the easy steps of how to roast cabbage:
- Preheat oven and prepare baking sheet.
- Stir crushed garlic with olive oil, strain garlic pieces out. Stir in marjoram.
- Place cabbage slices on prepared baking sheet, brush both sides with olive oil mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven 15 minutes then flip and continue to roast 15 minutes longer.
- Serve warm garnished with parsley.
- Optionally you can also top with bacon crumbles or lemon.
More Delicious Cabbage Recipes to Try
Follow Cooking Classy
Roasted Cabbage Wedges
- 1 large head green cabbage, sliced into wedges vertically from head of cabbage about 3/4 to 1-inch thick
- 3 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Fresh lemon wedges or crumbled bacon, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Pour olive oil into a small bowl then press garlic through a garlic crusher into bowl (or mince), stir well to infuse garlic flavor then pour and press mixture through a fine mesh strainer into another bowl to remove garlic pieces*.
- Stir marjoram into oil mixture.
- Lay cabbage wedges on prepared baking sheet and brush both slides with olive oil mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in preheated oven 15 minutes then carefully flip cabbage to opposite side and roast 15 minutes longer**.
- Garnish with parsley if desired. Serve warm with optional bacon crumbles or spritz with lemon wedges.
- *I like to do this just so they don't burn while roasting at high heat for so long. Use a rubber spatula to press garlic against strainer to extract juices.
- **If you don't want the slightly charred edges you can cover with foil during last 10 minutes.
- Nutrition estimate does not include bacon.