Homemade Coleslaw with only 4 ingredients! It couldn’t be easier to make and it’s so creamy and refreshing! I used to think coleslaw would require a lot of ingredients and insisted on freshly shredded cabbage but this version uses FOUR ingredients and includes a pre-shredded cabbage blend and it tastes perfect!
Easiest Coleslaw Recipe!
This coleslaw recipe is one of those back pocket recipes, especially during the summer with all the cookouts. It’s the perfect last minute side and goes perfectly with grilled meats or sandwiches like pulled pork/chicken sandwiches or french dip.
This coleslaw dressing only needs 3 ingredients! Then if you want more flavor on top of that you can add in things like a little celery seed or dijon mustard but I prefer it as is.
Coleslaw Salad and Dressing Ingredients
- Shredded coleslaw mix
- Good quality mayonnaise
- Apple cider vinegar
How to Make Coleslaw
In a small mixing bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar and honey. If needed season with a bit of salt.
Place shredded coleslaw mix in a large bowl then pour the dressing mixture over.
And then just toss to evenly coat. I like to serve it right away while the cabbage is nice and crisp but if want it a little more tender let it rest 10 minutes in the fridge. Could it get any easier??
More Mix-In Ideas
You can also add other mix-ins to the coleslaw things like:
- dried cranberries
- sliced almonds
- bleu cheese
- fresh strawberries
What Should I Serve with It?
Coleslaw goes well with just about anything (ribs, chicken, pulled pork, etc). For an easy dinner try pulled chicken sandwiches! This is how I make them:
- Add a few chicken breasts to a slow cooker
- Add in about 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Season chicken with salt pepper garlic powder and onion powder
- Cook on low until cooked through (about 4 1/2 – 5 hours)
- Drain, shred then mix in some of your favorite bbq sauce to coat.
- Serve in fresh bakery hamburger buns.
More Summer Side Dish Recipes You Might Like
- Macaroni Salad
- Potato Salad
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Squash Zucchini and Tomatoes
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad
- Mexican Street Corn Salad with Avocado
The easiest homemade coleslaw with only FOUR ingredients and it only takes minutes to make! It's so creamy, so refreshing and so delicious. The perfect summer side dish!
- 1 (14 oz.) pkg. coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey (or granulated sugar)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt (optional, to taste)
In a small mixing bowl whisk together mayonnaise honey, apple cider vinegar and a pinch or two of salt if needed.
Place coleslaw mixture in a medium mixing bowl pour mayonnaise mixture over then toss to evenly coat. Serve immediately.
- Try it with mix-ins too! I love it with bleu cheese, apples, dried cranberries or sliced almonds.