We’ve all love the traditional coleslaw but have you ever tried adding strawberries and kale to the mix? This Strawberry Kale Coleslaw has the perfect summery twist. It’s crunchy, it’s creamy, it’s refreshing and it’s something new and exciting to rotate with the classic coleslaw salad!
The Perfect Summer Coleslaw
Coleslaw is one of my favorite kinds of salad. I don’t know what it is, must be the simplicity and that creamy dressing but coleslaw is a regular at my house so I often find myself experimenting with different variations.
Before strawberry season is headed out the door I thought I’d throw them into this coleslaw along with some kale and it’s a match meant to be.
It’s the easiest salad to make with minimal ingredients and prep and it goes great with all your favorite summer meals!
Ingredients for this Coleslaw
- Curly Kale
- Plain Greek yogurt
(Scroll below for full recipe.)
How to Make This Coleslaw
First you’ll start out by shredding the kale and cabbage. To do this just cut very thinly into ribbons.
Then in a small mixing bowl whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, lemon juice and season with salt to taste.
Place the shredded cabbage and kale in a large bowl, pour the dressing over the top and toss to coat.
Add strawberries and gently toss into coleslaw. Serve immediately.
Coleslaw with Seasonal Fruit
Here are a few other variations I’d like to try with this coleslaw during other seasons. Let me know if you try them too!
- In the fall try this with apples in place of the strawberries.
- During the winter try pomegranate arils and dried cranberries, maybe even some tangerines.
- In the spring try apricots.
- Then another good summer option here would be blueberries or raspberries.
More Salad Recipes You Might Like
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Candied Pecans
- Cranberry Almond Spinach Salad
- Autumn Apple Kale and Quinoa Salad
Follow Cooking Classy
Strawberry Kale Coleslaw
- 4 cups (slightly packed) shredded kale*
- 3 cups (slightly packed) shredded green cabbage
- 3/4 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt (Fage brand perfered for consistency)
- 1/4 cup full fat mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 8 oz. fresh strawberries, sliced (and halved if larger)
- Add kale and cabbage to a large mixing bowl or a salad bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, honey and season with salt to taste.
- Pour dressing over kale and cabbage and toss to evenly coat.
- Add strawberries and gently toss. Serve immediately.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy