This Greek Chicken and Hummus Wrap is easy to make yet it’s so incredibly flavorful and delicious! Tortillas are layered with creamy hummus, tender grilled chicken breasts, crisp fresh veggies and feta. Perfect for lunch or a simple dinner.
Lately I’ve been thinking, I need more wraps in my life! I rarely make them and that needs to change. They are basically a big giant taco and I’m obsessed with tacos so they should be a regular on my menu.
I opted to go with a homemade hummus because I always have everything on hand to make hummus, but if you are looking to make these quicker you can definitely just go with your favorite store-bought hummus.
Then if you are wanting to go the other route and do everything from scratch you could make a homemade Greek vinaigrette to toss with the chicken.
You could also make these into more of a gyro style wrap by swapping out the hummus for tzatziki, I did however love the hummus on these so try it this way at least once.
I love Greek and Mediterranean food because of all it’s bright fresh flavors and these wraps are no exception to that. I loved everything about them and I’ll definitely make them again and again for an easy weeknight meal!
Follow Cooking Classy
These wraps are easy to make yet it's so incredibly delicious! Tortillas are layered with creamy hummus, tender grilled chicken breasts, crisp fresh veggies and feta. Perfect for lunch or a simple dinner.
- 1 1/2 lbs bonless skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp Greek vinaigrette dressing
- 4 (10-inch, burrito size) flour tortillas (wheat, low carb or spinach is fine)
- 3/4 cup hummus, store-bought or homemade (homemade recipe in notes below)
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup (2.5 oz) feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat a grilled over medium-high heat to 425 degrees. Pound chicken to an even thickness using the flat side of a meat mallet.
- Brush chicken breasts lightly with about 1 Tbsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Brush grilled grates lightly with oil, and grill chicken, rotating once halfway through cooking, until it registers 165 in center on an instant read thermometer, about 6 - 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate, cover with foil, let rest 10 minutes then dice into cubes. Transfer chicken to a bowl, pour vinaigrette over chicken and toss to evenly coat.
- To assemble wraps spread about 3 Tbsp hummus over each tortilla, top with chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and feta cheese and wrap tortillas.
- Recipe source: adapted from Kraft
For the homemade hummus - to a food processor add 1 (14.5 oz) can drained chick peas, 3 1/2 Tbsp drained chickpea liquid or water, 3 Tbsp tahini, 2 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 clove garlic sliced, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp cumin. Pulse until smooth (it will take about 3 - 5 minutes depending on your food processor). Season with more salt to taste if desired and add more liquid if needed.