You can never have too many hummus recipes, right? This is the fifth I’ve shared but there are still more I can’t wait to try. Hummus is so easy to make and homemade is so much better than store bought. And not only is a hummus a great dip but it makes for a great spread for your favorite sandwiches and wraps. I’m sure this could work wonders to a grilled veggie wrap along with some feta.
You will love all the Mediterranean flavors in this Sun Dried Tomato Basil Hummus, it is simply addictive! This is something that will definitely add some excitement to the same old boring lunches we all keep having every day. Lunch is something I never put a lot of effort into but homemade hummus adds some serious pizzaz to any lunch.
This is a hummus recipe I will make time and time again. The way the flavor of the sun dried tomatoes shines through along with the freshness of the basil is irresistible!
Follow Cooking Classy
A flavor packed bright and herby hummus recipe you'll want to make on repeat. The sun dried tomatoes are the perfect addition to hummus.
- 1 (15 oz) can chick peas, drained and liquid reserved
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes in olive oil (about 8), strained, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp olive oil from sun dried tomato jar
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt , or to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil , plus more for garnish
- Add chick peas to a food processor along with sun dried tomatoes, 2 Tbsp oil from jar, lemon juice, tahini, garlic and salt. Pulse for 1 minute then scrape down sides and bottom of jar and pulse one minute longer. Add 2 Tbsp of the liquid from chick pea can then pulse 2 - 3 minutes longer, stopping and scraping down sides and bottom of processor once halfway through (add in more liquid to thin if desired). Add basil and pulse until just minced into hummus.
- If desired serve topped with more olive oil from sun dried tomato jar, additional fresh basil and finely chopped sun dried tomatoes. Serve with pita chips or fresh veggies.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy