Today I’m so excited to be a part of a fun and of course tasty, virtual wedding shower for one of my food blogging friends, Sally McKenney over at SallysBakingAddiction.com. This girl is awesome and I admire her in so many ways! She is so talented and I am so excited for her to get married to the love of her life! So, let’s celebrate with one of Sally’s favorite – sprinkles!
Congratulations Sally and Kevin! I’m so happy for you two! If you are friends with Sally too or if you just simply adore her blog and want to celebrate with her, you can snag her a gift online! The couple is registered at Williams Sonoma here.
What better way to celebrate than with Funfetti Pudding Mix Cookies? I’ve tried my hand at sprinkle cookies a few times, but they always left me tasting too much sprinkle. What better than to hide that with the flavor of a vanilla pudding mix and a bit of almond extract? Not only does is the pudding mix add a sweet, light flavor but it is also aids these cookies in adding a wonderful texture. The thickening agents in the mix also help these cookies spread less and the mix just offers such a soft texture to these cookies.
My family seriously could not get enough of these cookies! I made two batches since I had to add some light tweaks the second time around, but even by a second batch no one was getting tired of these cookies. I brought them on vacation with us and they had to be the most craved thing I brought.
Party or no party planned, you’ve gotta try these cookies! Both young and old alike are going to love them!
Be sure to check out all of these other fabulous bloggers participating in Sally’s virtual wedding shower:
Chocolate Swiss Roll Cake from Lauren’s Latest
Funfetti Cookie Dough Balls from Averie Cooks
Cake Batter Funfetti Cookies from Diethood
Cake Batter Popcorn from I Heart Naptime
Confetti Cookie Milkshake from Bake Your Day
Cake Batter Ice Cream Balls from Oh, Sweet Basil
Frosted Sugar Cookies from Roxana’s Home Baking
Peanut Butter Filled Doughnuts from Crazy For Crust
Funfetti Sugar Cookie Cups from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Shirley Temple from Damn Delicious
Funfetti Pudding Mix Cookies from Cooking Classy
Cherry Chocolate Chip Cupcakes from The Messy Baker
Chocolate Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars from Handle the Heat
Vanilla Banana Muffins from Love From the Oven
Homemade Funfetti Yellow Birthday Cake from Ambitious Kitchen
Frosting Filled Deep Dish Cake Batter Cookies from The Domestic Rebel
Follow Cooking Classy
Funfetti Pudding Mix Cookies
Soft and chewy, rainbow speckled cookies with an irresistible vanilla flavor. Fun to swap out the sprinkle colors for different holidays.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 14 Tbsp unsalted butter , softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 (3.5 oz) pkg instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2/3 cup rainbow jimmie sprinkles , plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt for 20 seconds, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar. Mix in egg, then blend in egg yolk, vanilla extract and almond extract. Stir in vanilla pudding mix.
- With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined (batter will seem dry at first but it will start to come together. Stir in 2/3 cup sprinkles.
- Scoop dough out using a medium 1 1/2-inch cookie scoop (or 2 Tbsp at time) and shape into balls. Drop onto Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheets, spacing cookies 2-inches apart. Gently press a few more sprinkles into tops. Bake in preheated oven 9 - 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy