Cajun Chicken with Avocado Corn Salsa, need I say more? Tender, well seasoned chicken breasts are coated with a bright and creamy, colorful avocado corn salsa. It has delicious flavor and nice balance of textures. It’s a memorable, protein rich dish people will request again and again!
Well Spiced Cajun Chicken
It’s true that chicken breasts on there own don’t have much flavor but when you flavor them right you can create one memorable meal! Which is exactly what I think of this Grilled Cajun Chicken with Avocado Corn Salsa!
The chicken doesn’t require any marinating just a simple homemade cajun spice rub then about 8 minutes on the grill (which will add more flavor), and it’s finished with a perfectly fresh and delicious avocado based salsa – which helps balance out the heat of the chicken.
This is the perfect new chicken recipe to try out on the grill!
Ingredients You’ll Need for This Recipe
- Chicken breasts
- Spices – paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, thyme, oregano, S&P
- Olive oil
- Veggies – corn, tomato, bell pepper, avocado, red onion
How to Make Cajun Chicken with Avocado Salsa
- Preheat a grill. Pound thicker parts of chicken to even it.
- Whisk together spices in a bowl.
- Brush chicken with olive oil and season with spices.
- Grill to cook through.
- In a bowl toss all of the salsa ingredients together
- Let chicken rest off of grill 5 minutes (for a juicy end result). Serve with salsa.
Can I Make it Less Spicy?
With this recipe it’s Cajun chicken so it is intended to be spicy so keep that in mind. Cayenne pepper is the spicy ingredient here so just adjust that to suit your personal preference.
If you were to omit it entirely it wouldn’t really be cajun chicken anymore, but it would still be good if heat ain’t your thang.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Cilantro Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa
- Salmon with Mango Avocado Salsa
- Salmon with Greek Avocado Salsa
Follow Cooking Classy
Tender, well seasoned chicken breasts are coated with a bright and creamy avocado corn salsa. It has delicious flavor and nice balance of textures. It's a memorable, protein rich dish people will request again and again!
- 4 (6 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
Avocado Corn Salsa
- 1 ear corn, grilled or 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup diced red or green bell pepper
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 3 Tbsp chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
Preheat a grill over medium-high heat (to about 425 degrees). Pound thicker parts of chicken with the flat side of a meat mallet to even out their thickness.
In a small bowl whisk together paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, thyme and oregano. Season with salt and pepper to taste (I used heaping 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper). Brush both sides of chicken breasts lightly with olive oil then sprinkle both sides evenly with seasoning mixture. Grill until center registers 165, about 4 minutes per side.
Meanwhile in a medium mixing bowl toss together corn, tomato, bell pepper, avocado, red onion, cilantro, lime juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Let chicken rest off of grill 5 minutes tented with foil then serve warm with Avocado Corn Salsa.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy