Why have plain old tomato salsa when you can add avocados to the mix? This Avocado Salsa is amazingly delicious and it’s easy to make! For this recipe you’ll chop up tomatoes, avocados, red onions, cilantro, jalapeños, and garlic and toss it all together with some fresh lime juice and oil and you’ve got a chip dip no one can resist! Minimal ingredients but you get tons of fresh flavor.
This is basically guacamole meets salsa. It has the flavors of guacamole but more of a texture similar to a chunky salsa.
What I’m getting at is you need to try this stuff. It’s so flavorful, so creamy, so hearty and so versatile. A staple recipe for sure!
To give you an idea of how much I liked this, let’s just say it pretty much ruined my dinner plans today. I made chicken tacos but then before dinner I sat down to eat this, and I ate so much I wasn’t even hungry for dinner in the slightest.
Oh well, it was definitely worth it! I started out eating it with chips but it was just so good I ditched the chips and ate it by the spoonful. And I don’t feel guilty about it because just look at all the healthy ingredients in the recipe. Fresh, nutrient packed ingredients. You are going to love this!
If you aren’t a fan of spicy you can definitely omit the jalapeños. And if you like it spicier you can leave in the seeds or even use hotter peppers like serrano or habanero. How much heat can you handle??
This is a great recipe to have for summer too with all the summer cookouts. It will easily be the first thing to go! We all love those ultra creamy, silky smooth avocados and their enticing flavor.
More Mexican Recipes to Try
- Salmon with Mango Peach Salsa
- Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa
- Grilled Cajun Chicken with Avocado Corn Salsa
- Jerk Chicken with Mango Avocado Salsa
Bright and zesty avocado salsa! Loaded with flavor and color. Perfect as a dip or topping over a main dish.
- 6 medium roma tomatoes (20 oz), seeded and diced
- 1 cup chopped red onion, chopped
- 1 large or 2 small jalapeños, seeded and chopped (1/4 cup. Leave seeds if you like heat)
- 3 medium avocados, semi-firm but ripe, peeled, cored and diced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp salt (more or less to taste as desired)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves , chopped
Place red onion in a strainer or sieve and rinse under cool water to remove harsh bite. Drain well. Add to a mixing bowl along with diced tomatoes, jalapeños and avocados.
In a separate small mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper until mixture is well blended. Pour mixture over avocado mixture, add cilantro then gently toss mixture to evenly coat. Serve with tortilla chips or over Mexican entrees.
Recipe Source: Cooking Classy