Easy Honey Lime Shrimp made with only 5 ingredients! You get tender pan seared shrimp cooked with rich butter, vibrant garlic, bright lime, and sweet honey. It’s the perfect pairing of flavors and dinner doesn’t get much easier than this!
Pan Seared Shrimp with Honey and Lime
Shrimp recipes are the best for easy weeknight meals. They can cook in minutes and you don’t need to add much because they already have a deliciously unique and buttery flavor.
This time around we add a Baja style flair with classic lime and honey in this simple shrimp recipe. You can also add another layer of flavor by adding minced cilantro too.
Pair it with leftover cooked rice and black beans and you’ll have the easiest dinner you can turn to again and again when you’re short on time.
What Ingredients are Needed for Honey Lime Shrimp?
The 5 ingredients you’ll need are:
- Shrimp – you’ll want large or extra large shrimp.
- Honey – no substitutes on this ingredient. Maple syrup wouldn’t work the same here.
- Lime juice – you’ll need fresh limes because you’ll zest first and juice. They taste so much better than bottled anyway.
- Garlic – if you want it extra garlicky feel free to add in an extra clove.
- Butter – this brings a rich flavor to the sauce, it may be a small amount but it’s a must.
- And you’ll also need salt and pepper
How to Make Honey Lime Shrimp
- Make sauce: In a small mixing bowl whisk together honey and lime juice.
- Saute garlic with butter: Melt butter in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds.
- Pan sear shrimp with sauce: Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper, pour in honey and lime mixture. Spread shrimp out into an even layer.
- Cook until pink and opaque on bottom, about 1 1/2 minutes then flip and continue to cook until shrimp has cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes longer.
- Garnish with zest: Sprinkle with lime zest. Serve warm over rice if desired spooning sauce over shrimp.
Can I Use Pre-Cooked Shrimp?
No. For this recipe only stick with the raw shrimp. If you were to use cooked it wouldn’t have any time to cook in this flavorful sauce and absorb some of the flavor.
- add extra garlic
- use lemon instead of lime
- brown the butter
- bake in the oven instead (it would take about 10 minutes at 350 in a 13 by 9-inch baking dish)
What to Serve with Honey Lime Shrimp?
- coconut rice or plain cooked white or brown rice
- grilled corn on the cob (or roasted)
- black beans (Crockpot or Instant Pot recipe)
- black bean salad
More Delicious Shrimp Recipes to Try
- Baked Shrimp
- Creamy Parmesan and Spinach Shrimp
- Grilled Shrimp
- Orange Garlic Shrimp
- Shrimp Scampi
- Shrimp Tacos
Follow Cooking Classy
Easy Honey Lime Shrimp made with only 5 ingredients! You get tender pan seared shrimp coated with rich butter, bold garlic, vibrant lime, and sweet honey. It's the perfect pairing of flavors and dinner doesn't get much easier than this!
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice + 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/4 lbs large or extra-large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, dabbed dry with paper towels
- 1 large garlic clove, minced (1 1/2 tsp)
- Salt and pepper
In a small mixing bowl whisk together honey and lime juice.
Melt butter in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds.
Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper, pour in honey and lime mixture. Spread shrimp out into an even layer.
Cook until pink and opaque on bottom, about 1 1/2 minutes then flip and continue to cook until shrimp has cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes longer.
Sprinkle with lime zest. Serve warm over rice if desired spooning sauce over shrimp.
- Optionally top shrimp with 2 Tbsp minced cilantro after cooking for more flavor.