Lettuce Wraps! Who doesn’t love the fresh and tasty handheld wraps from Asian restaurants? This homemade version tastes like PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps (and Pei Wei’s) as in hello flavor, they are so easy to make, and they can be ready in 20 minutes!
My Go-To Lettuce Wraps Recipe
There’s just something so satisfying about hand held finger food, as in no forks or chopsticks required. Just pick it up and dive in! None of that dicing it up and eating it slowly like a lady/gentlemen, just shove it in your face because we are hungry, right?
These make a delicious main dish for busy weeknights or make them as an appetizer for a Chinese take-out style dinner party on the weekend.
I love the rich, slightly salty, slightly sweet, slightly sour blend of flavors here.
And I’ll never get enough of that crunch. I love the crisp lettuce and water chestnuts (which if you are looking for even more protein here you could swap those water chestnuts out with chopped walnuts).
PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Recipe Copycat
Why spend $10 plus tip, plus travel time, plus all the wait time when you can make enough to feed a family for the same price, in a fraction of the time, and you can enjoy them in the comfort of your own home? Copycat recipes at home are the best!
How to Make Lettuce Wraps
- Cook ground turkey.
- Whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, rice vinegar, sesame oil and honey.
- Move the cooked turkey to one side of the pan, then saute veggies.
- Add water chestnuts along with that hoisin mixture then warm through.
- Serve in lettuce leaves.
Works Great with Ground Chicken or Turkey
I’ve made this recipe using both ground chicken and ground turkey and either work great. I usually use ground turkey because that’s what I have on hand but just use what you like or what’s on sale.
This is most definitely one of those super easy super satisfying recipes you’ll want to use time and time again.
They’re healthy lettuce wraps that will leave you thinking you don’t really need noodles, rice or a wrap.
Other Wrap Recipes You Might Like
- Taco Lettuce Wraps
- BLTA Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Asian Lentil Lettuce Wraps
- Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Poppy Seed Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
Super easy, super flavorful, super fast asian lettuce wraps that everyone will love! Perfect main dish for busy weeknights or make them as an appetizer for a Chinese take-out style dinner party on the weekend.
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey or chicken
- 4 - 5 Tbsp hoisin sauce, to taste (I used Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce, (low-sodium or regular)
- 2 tsp sriracha (optional)
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh garlic (3 cloves)
- 1 Tbsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions, white and light green portion, plus more green portion for serving
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded (1/2 cup)
- 1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped small
- 1 large head Bibb lettuce or iceberg lettuce
Heat 1 1/2 tsp oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add turkey or chicken in large crumbles then let cook until slightly browned on bottom, about 3 minutes, then break up and continue to cook until it's fully cooked through, about 3 minutes longer.
Meanwhile while turkey is cooking in a mixing bowl whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, rice vinegar, sesame oil and honey, set aside.
Drain of excess liquid from turkey (if there is any) then push to one far side of pan and pull that side of pan off heat.
Heat remaining 1 1/2 tsp oil in now empty side of skillet.
Add green onions and carrots and saute 1 1/2 minutes. Add in garlic and ginger and saute 30 seconds longer.
Pour in sauce and water chestnuts then cook and toss 30 seconds longer.
Serve warm in lettuce leaves garnished with sliced green onions.
Recipe source: inspired by Allrecipes