One Pan Creamy Shrimp Linguine is the perfect recipe for a hectic day! It’s so easy to make, deliciously flavorful and perfectly creamy. And you can’t go wrong with that pasta, parmesan and shrimp combo!
Creamy Shrimp Linguine Recipe
Don’t we all get in those dinner ruts sometimes? Especially during the busy weeknights when we don’t have a lot of time to make something, but we are tired of making the same things again and again.
I know we all have our quick weeknight staples, but I’m working on expanding my list to add some more versatility to the rotation. And that is where this hearty and comforting One Pan Creamy Shrimp Pasta comes in.
It’s super quick and easy (it can easily be ready in 20 minutes). It doesn’t call for a long list of ingredients, it’s cooked in one pan so clean up is a breeze, and of course it’s creamy and completely delicious (this is basically a Fettuccine Alfredo, just not quite as heavy)!
Happy people all around here. This one is likely to become a new weeknight staple!
So what makes this so quick and easy? Well, the shrimp can cook in a number of minutes and the second thing is the Barilla Pronto Linguine I used in this recipe.
You’ll be happily surprised by the end result and of course pleased with the time this pasta saves. Plus, the more concentrated starchy water it yields works wonders for this sauce.
Don’t shrimp and pasta just go together? The shrimp not only adds wonderful flavor, but it’s also an excellent source of lean protein and a good source of nutrients such as selenium, vitamin B12 and phosphorous.
And of course shrimp pairs perfectly with the flavor of the Parmesan in this pasta sauce. If you would like more info on the benefits of shrimp, check out The Shrimp Council.
Try this easy shrimp Parmesan linguine recipe out soon, your weeknights will thank you! Less time in the kitchen and more time to relax and catch up on your favorite shows.
Parmesan Shrimp Linguine Ingredients
For this shrimp and pasta recipe, you’ll need:
- Half and half
- Barilla Pronto linguine
- Salt and pepper
- Shredded Parmesan
- Fresh parsley
How to Make Shrimp Linguine
- Cook shrimp in buttered skillet, and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove shrimp from pan, then melt rest of butter and sauté garlic.
- Add water, half and half, and linguine to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Once the pasta is cooked, remove the skillet from the heat and stir in Parmesan.
- Toss pasta with shrimp and fresh parsley, then serve.
Can I Make This With Chicken?
Yes, chicken would be a great substitute for the shrimp in this recipe. Just note that chicken will take longer to cook.
Can I Make This With Regular Pasta?
You should be able to, yes. If you can’t find Barilla’s Pronto line at your grocery store, you can use regular spaghetti or linguine. You may need to add additional liquid to the pasta as it cooks, but otherwise you should be able to follow the recipe as written.
Tips for the Best Shrimp Pasta
- If you don’t have half and half, you can substitute equal parts milk and heavy cream.
- Make sure you’re using shredded Parmesan for this recipe and not the powdery stuff in a shaker can.
- This pasta doesn’t reheat very well since it contains shrimp, so enjoy this right away if possible.
More Easy Pasta Recipes You’ll Love:
- Lemon Parmesan Angel Hair Pasta
- Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Pasta Primavera
- Pasta Carbonara
- One Pan Creamy Lemon Pasta with Chicken and Asparagus
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Broccoli Chicken Shells and Cheese
Follow Cooking Classy
One Pan Creamy Parmesan Shrimp Linguine
This one pan pasta with shrimp is the perfect recipe for a hectic day! It's so easy to make, deliciously flavorful and perfectly creamy. And you can't go wrong with that pasta, parmesan and shrimp combo!
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 Tbsp butter, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup half and half*, then more to thin if needed
- 1 (12 oz) pkg. Barilla Pronto Linguine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely shredded parmesan
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a 12-inch saute pan over medium-high heat, add shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook stirring occasionally until opaque and cooked through. Transfer shrimp to a piece of foil and wrap to keep warm.
- Return saute pan to medium heat and melt remaining 2 Tbsp butter. Add garlic and saute 20 seconds or until slightly golden.
- Add water, 1 cup half and half, linguine and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Allow to boil, stirring frequently until noodles have reached desired doneness, about 10 minutes (there should be some excess liquid, this will be the sauce).
- Remove from heat, add in parmesan and stir until it has melted (it may appear to clump up at first but should melt after a bit of stirring).
- Thin with more half and half if needed (as it sits it will thicken). Toss in shrimp and sprinkle parsley over top. Serve warm.
- *You can substitute equal parts milk and whipping cream/heavy cream here if needed.