A must try pasta recipe! If you haven’t broken open that Instant Pot then now is the time! This Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta is one of the tastiest things to make in your instant pot, and it’s so EASY!
It’s deliciously creamy, amazingly hearty and just perfectly satisfying. This is my kind of comfort food!
One Pot Pasta Recipe
I love that with this recipe you are throwing all of the ingredients into one pot. Everything goes into the Instant Pot and there’s no sautéing beforehand. About 2/3 of the ingredients are added at the beginning then you’ll add the remaining 1/3 at the end.
Want to see how easy this Instant Pot recipe is? Watch the video!
Ingredients for Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Low-sodium chicken broth
- Sun dried tomatoes in oil
- Italian seasoning
- Chicken breasts
- Campanelle pasta
- Baby spinach
- Light cream cheese (regular works too)
- Fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
How to Make this Pasta Recipe
First you’ll start by stirring together the chicken broth, sun dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper in an instant pot insert.
Then mix in diced raw chicken and dry uncooked noodles. Cover and seal, make sure valve is set to “sealing” position. Set to “manual” and select 5 minutes.
Once time is up select “cancel” then use the quick release method to release pressure. Wait for steaming to stop from valve then open Instant Pot.
Stir in spinach, cream cheese and parmesan. Then let mixture rest for about 5 – 10 minutes.
The sauce will be very runny at first but the longer you let it rest the more it will thicken and become creamy.
Substitutes for this Tuscan Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Frozen thawed and drained spinach can replace fresh.
- Regular cream cheese will work in place of light.
- If you can’t find campanelle pasta you could substitute another kind of bite size pasta such as cavatappi, bowtie or penne.
- Garlic powder could replace fresh, I’d go with about 3/4 tsp.
- If you don’t want to buy fresh basil then use 1 tsp dried, add it along with Italian seasoning.
More Instant Pot Recipes to Try
- Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Tacos
- Instant Pot Chili
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Follow Cooking Classy
Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
This is one of the tastiest things to make in your instant pot, and it's so EASY! It's deliciously creamy, amazingly hearty and just perfectly satisfying. A recipe you'll want on repeat.
- 1 (32 oz) carton low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup oil packed sun dried tomatoes with herbs, drained and dab excess oil off with paper towels, chopped
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 oz uncooked campanelle pasta
- 5 oz fresh baby spinach
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. light cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
- 1 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese (use fresh shredded)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
In an instant pot insert stir together broth, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, garlic, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper (season with more at the end if needed).
Stir in chicken and pasta (and try to submerge down into broth).
Secure the lid in place, be sure pressure valve is set to "sealing" position. Select the "manual" setting or high pressure and set to 5 minutes.
After the time is up select "cancel" then use the quick release method to release pressure - which is to carefully turn the valve to "venting" position and step back as steam will release.
Once it stops sputtering open lid and immediately stir noodles to separate then stir in spinach, light cream cheese and parmesan.
Toss well. Let rest for about 5 - 10 minutes to thicken (it will seem like soup at first but as it rests and cools it will thicken right up).
Toss in basil just before serving and serve warm (you can also garnish with a few diced sun dried tomatoes if desired).
Recipe source: adapted from Betty Crocker with some changes