Delicious Pumpkin Cornbread! Made with autumn pumpkin, sweet spices and finished with a delicious cinnamon honey butter.
The perfect fall side to soup, roast chicken or turkey, apple pork chops and more!
Love a good cornbread? Also try my easy, super moist classic cornbread recipe.
This cornbread is so soft and moist, I hate dry cornbread so of course I made this to be completely the opposite. I love that this has plenty of pumpkin flavor – you don’t have to guess what flavor of cornbread it is, and the whipped cinnamon honey butter just takes it over the top!
This would most definitely be worthy of making it to your holiday menu, but be sure to try it before the holidays because you just can’t wait that long to try this Pumpkin Cornbread!
I absolutely loved it, as did everyone else who tried it both young and old alike – from a 3 year old up to an 81 year old and everyone in between.
How to Make Pumpkin Cornbread
- Preheat oven, prepare baking dish.
- Whisk dry ingredients, create a well in the center, set aside.
- Separately, break up brown sugar, mix with butter and pumpkin.
- Blend in sour cream and eggs.
- Fold dry and wet ingredients together.
- Bake, cool, slice and serve with cinnamon honey butter.
How to Store Pumpkin Cornbread
Store cornbread in an airtight container. For longer shelf life you can store in the fridge then bring to room temperature before serving.
Can I Substitute Pumpkin Pie Spices Instead?
Yes. Instead of using all of those spices listed you could substitute 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice in it’s place.
More Pumpkin Recipes to Try!
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Crumb Cake
- Pumpkin Cake
Follow Cooking Classy
The perfect fall cornbread! Flavored with pumpkin and autumn spices. It's moist and tender and extra delicious when served with cinnamon honey butter!
- 1 cup (140g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (170g) cornmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup (110g) packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (56g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (244g) canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup (122g) sour cream
- 2 large eggs
Whipped Cinnamon Honey Butter
- 1/2 cup (113g) salted butter
- 1/3 cup (105g) honey
- 1/4 cup (30g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8 by 8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
For the cornbread: In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves for 20 seconds. Make a well in center of flour mixture then set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add brown sugar and break up sugar with fingertips until no clumps remain. Add in melted butter and pumpkin and whisk to combined.
- Mix in sour cream and eggs until well blended. Pour mixture into well in flour mixture then fold with a rubber spatula just until combined and no streaks of flour remain.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Spread batter into an even layer.
Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted into center comes out free of batter, about 25 - 30 minutes. Cool slightly on a wire rack then cut into squares.
- For the cinnamon honey butter: In a mixing bowl (or using a stand mixer) whip butter with an electric hand mixer until smooth.
- Add in honey, powdered sugar and cinnamon and mix on low speed until combined, then increase to high speed and whip until light and fluffy, about 2 - 3 minutes.