Tacos! These Quinoa Black Bean and Corn Tacos have been a go-to recipe for my family for over 5 years now and we still can’t get enough of them! No one ever even misses the meat!
A Delicious and Healthy Taco Recipe
These are incredibly hearty and filling and they are jam packed with healthy ingredients. This is definitely one of my favorite recipes!
I have changed this recipe a lot since I originally shared it. Not that it was bad at all I just made the recipe more efficient and improved the texture. Before you’d cook the quinoa first then add it and simmer for 20 minutes. So it ended up cooking longer than needed and was too brothy.
I also added seasonings to my taste and cut back on the cayenne because most people don’t love heat as much as I do. So now we’ve got a perfect, quick, weeknight dinner the whole family can enjoy.
Ingredients You’ll Need for This Recipe
- Olive oil
- Yellow onion
- Chicken broth
- Canned tomatoes with green chilis
- Spices – chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, S&P
- Frozen corn
- Black beans
- Tortillas and toppings for serving
How to Make Quinoa Tacos
- Saute onion and garlic.
- Add broth, tomatoes, quinoa and spices.
- Bring to a boil then simmer to cook quinoa through.
- Stir in corn and black beans and heat through.
- Mix in cilantro and lime.
- Serve in tortillas with desired toppings.
More Taco Recipes You’ll Love
Follow Cooking Classy
Quinoa, Black Bean and Corn Tacos
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5) oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 3/4 cup dry quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, then more to taste (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Corn tortillas, warmed
- Chopped lettuce
- Monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- Diced avocados
- Diced tomatoes
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick saucepan over medium high heat. Add onion and saute 3 minutes. Add in garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
- Stir in broth, diced tomatoes, quinoa, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat, cover saucepan with lid and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in corn and black beans, simmer until warmed through, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes longer.
- Mix in lime juice and cilantro. Serve warm over tortillas with desired toppings.
- Recipe originally shared April 2013. Updated August, 2017.
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy
- Nutrition info is for filling only.