Lemon Chicken with Parmesan Roasted Broccoli is one of the easiest dinners you can make and you’ll love this easy clean up! You get tender, bright lemony chicken breasts, and flavorful parmesan coated broccoli. A dinner the whole family will love!
Lemon Chicken and Roasted Broccoli
I actually made this recipe for my brother. He recently graduated from college and just started his first nursing job.
He’s looking for easy recipes and he told me he’s been making a lot of baked lemon chicken (with lemon pepper and garlic powder), but he said it’s been coming out dry and tough/chewy.
So my tips to him were pound the thicker parts of the chicken just enough to even out the thickness so it cooks evenly, and if you’ll be cooking more than one chicken breast use chicken breasts that are even in size.
Watch the Video (1 Min)!
Then I like to cook the chicken breasts at a fairly high temp, and always test the internal temperature of the chicken with an instant read thermometer (anything past 165 and your chicken starts to dry), and if you’ve got time a quick salty marinade (like the 15 minutes allotted here) works wonders.
The salty acidic marinade helps makes the chicken nice and tender while the lemon, herbs and garlic and a delicious flavor.
This is a recipe that’s pretty hard to mess up if you follow those simple steps.
Chicken Recipe for Any Day of the Year!
Chicken is one of my go to dinners so I hope by now I know how to cook it :). Of course my favorite cooking method is grilling chicken because I love the slight charred flavor but for cold winter days and quick weeknight meals this is the perfect option!
Plus, I love with this oven roasted method how a veggie can be cooked alongside it (you could also sub asparagus (which will only need 1 Tbsp oil), or cauliflower, bell peppers, zucchini, or yellow squash because those all have shorter roasting times).
Aren’t sheet pan meals just the best?? Try this one out, it’s one of my favs! And pair it with a side of quinoa or brown rice to complete the healthy meal.
Tips for This Recipe
- Pound chicken breasts to even the thickness.
- Don’t skip the marinating time, even though it’s short that little of time lets some flavor soak ing.
- Smaller chicken thighs can be used as well but increase baking time as needed.
- I don’t recommend baking the chicken with lemon slices because while it may look pretty it leaves behind a bitter taste from the lemon pith.
Follow Cooking Classy
This is one of the easiest dinners you can make and you'll love this easy clean up! You get tender, bright lemony chicken breasts, and flavorful parmesan coated broccoli. A dinner the whole family will love!
Chicken and marinade
- 4 (6 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp minced fresh parsley and lemon slices, for garnish (optional)
- 1 1/4 lbs broccoli crowns, chopped into bite size florets (about 5 cups florets)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan (the fine powdered stuff)
- Pound thicker portion of chicken breast with the flat side of a meat mallet to even out their thickness. Add chicken to a gallon size resealable gallon bag.
- In a small bowl whisk together 3 Tbsp oil, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning and season with 1 1/4 tsp salt and 3/4 tsp pepper.
- Pour marinade over chicken, seal bag while removing excess air. Rub marinade around the chicken after sealing bag. Transfer to refrigerator and let rest at least 15 minutes (or up to 4 hours).
During those 15 minutes preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray an 18 by 13-inch rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place broccoli on baking sheet, toss with 2 Tbsp olive oil and the garlic and season with salt. Spread into an even layer covering about 2/3 of the baking sheet (as pictured).
- Remove chicken from marinade in bag and transfer to the remaining space on the baking sheet in a single layer (I spooned the garlic from the marinade over the chicken as well).
- Roast in preheated oven until each chicken breast registers 165 degrees in center and broccoli is tender and nicely browned in spots, about 16 - 22 minutes.
Remove from oven and sprinkle broccoli with parmesan then sprinkle chicken with parsley if desired and garnish with lemon slices. Season chicken with more salt to taste as desired. Serve warm.