Before summer is gone you need to try these Lemon Pepper Chicken Kebabs at least once! Bite size chicken pieces are soaked in a fresh lemon pepper marinade then threaded onto skewer sticks with tender summer veggies and perfectly grilled to get that delicious char. It’s a dinner everyone will love!
Lemon chicken has always been one of my favorite kinds of chicken. I’ve already shared a handful of lemon chicken recipes. Here’s a list for you to try after you try these delicious Lemon Pepper Kebabs:
- Lemon Butter Chicken – fan seared and covered in a rich buttery lemon sauce.
- Lemon Chicken Romano – crispy coating and so much melty cheese.
- Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken with Parmesan Roasted Broccoli – perfect busy weeknight meal.
- Grilled Greek Lemon Chicken – similar to this recipe but more herby.
- Roasted Lemon Garlic Herb Chicken – you’ll love that crispy golden brown skin!
- Skillet Lemon Parmesan Chicken with Zucchini and Squash – a quick dinner, perfect with orzo.
- Slow Cooker Greek Lemon Chicken and Potatoes – a perfect one pot meal.
You can never have too many different lemon chicken recipes right? And these Lemon Pepper Chicken Kebabs are one is a new summer staple recipe! I love the tangy lemon complimented by the kick of the black pepper, such a good pairing.
Ingredients for This Kebab Recipe
- Chicken Breasts
- Squash and zucchini
- Red onion
- Fresh rosemary
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
(Scroll below for full recipe.)
How to Make These Lemon Pepper Chicken Kebabs
First you’ll whisk together the marinade ingredients, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.
Place the chicken pieces in a gallon size resealable bag, pour marinade over chicken the seal bag while pressing out excess air. Rub marinade over chicken and let marinate in refrigerator 1 – 2 hours.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinate then thread onto (water soaked) wooden skewers or metal skewers, along with disks of zucchini and squash and red onion pieces.
Grill kebabs until cooked through, turning once halfway through, about 5 minutes per side (center of chicken should register 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer). Serve warm.
Vegetables for These Kebabs
If you have bell peppers (chopped), grapes/cherry tomatoes or mushrooms those would be other good vegetables to substitute here.
Then serve these with buttered parmesan rice, cauliflower rice or orzo to complete the meal.
More Kebab/Skewer Recipes to Try
- Steak Kebabs
- Chicken Fajita Kebabs
- Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs
- Caprese Chicken Kebabs
- Honey Lime Chicken Kebabs
Follow Cooking Classy
Bite size chicken pieces are soaked in a fresh lemon pepper marinade then threaded onto skewer sticks with tender summer veggies and perfectly grilled to get that delicious char. It's a dinner everyone will love!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (1 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, them more to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 small zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch thick disks
- 2 small yellow squash, sliced into 1/4-inch thick disks
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
In a mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, rosemary, pepper and salt.
Place chicken breasts in a gallon size resealable bag and pour marinade over chicken.
Seal bag while pressing excess air out and rub marinade over chicken.
Transfer to refrigerator and let rest 1 - 2 hours. If using wooden skewers soak in water at least 1 hour.
Preheat a grill over medium-high heat to about 425 degrees.
Thread chicken, zucchini, squash and red onion onto skewers.
Brush grill grates lightly with oil then place kebabs on grill.
Grill about 5 minutes per side or until center of chicken registers 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer.
Season with more pepper to taste if desired and serve warm.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy