The easiest slow cooker teriyaki chicken! It’s deliciously tender and packed with flavor. A recipe the whole family can agree.
Slow cooker meals, aren’t they just amazing? Throw the food in, say goodbye, then several hours later say hello to dinner. It really doesn’t get much easier. I saw this photo/recipe on foodgawker.com and new I had to try it.
I think I’ve finally realized another reason I love slow cooker meals, because I always have dessert after dinner so if I’m making dessert it’s nice to have a simple dinner to throw together. Also, I can never get over how tender and flavorful the meat is that’s been slowly simmered all day in the slow cooker.
You will noticed if you follow the link that the recipe is nearly entirely different, yes I will admit rarely do I ever stick to someone else’s recipe. It’s just too fun to add my own twist. Feel free to try it either way I’m sure the original rendition is amazing too. Enjoy!
Follow Cooking Classy
Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce*
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Tbsp orange marmalade
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic , finely minced
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cold water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Cooked long grain white rice , for serving
- Sesame seeds , for garnish (optional)
- Place chicken in a slow cooker, set aside. In a mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, light-brown sugar, honey, orange marmalade, ginger, garlic and pepper. Pour mixture over chicken in slow cooker, cover with lid and cook on low heat 4 - 5 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred. Strain sauce from slow cooker through a fine mesh strainer into a medium saucepan. In a small mixing bowl whisk together 1 1/2 Tbsp cold water and cornstarch. Pour cornstarch mixture into liquid in saucepan and heat mixture over medium high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to gently boil.
- Allow mixture to gently boil about 20 seconds until thickened. Return chicken to slow cooker and pour teriyaki sauce from saucepan over chicken. Toss mixture gently to evenly coat. Serve warm over cooked rice garnished with optional sesame seeds and serve with diced fresh pineapple if desired.
- Recipe Source: slightly adapted from Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen
*Adjust soy sauce to taste, sub unsalted chicken stock for soy sauce to reach desired level of saltiness.