Slow Cooker Creamed Corn – hellooooo to this perfectly dreamy, creamy, comforting fall side dish! It’s lightly sweet with a nice balance of salty bacon and even the pickiest eaters will love it.
Creamed Corn in the Slow Cooker
This recipe couldn’t get any easier! You simply add the corn and milk to the slow cooker, dot it with cream cheese and butter then cook it for 2 hours on high and stir.
Then for that extra flavor sprinkle it with bacon and some fresh green onions. You’ll want to savor every creamy, bacon dotted bite.
It’s one of those recipes that people of all ages will enjoy and it’s a side dish that goes with just about anything.
Ingredients Needed for This Recipe
- Frozen petite corn
- Granulated sugar or honey
- Salt and pepper
- Whole milk
- Unsalted butter
- Cream cheese
- Bacon (optional)
- Green onions (optional)
How to Make Creamed Corn
- Place corn in a 3.5 quart – 6 quart slow cooker. Sprinkle in sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pour in milk then scatter cream cheese and butter over corn. Cover and cook on high 2 – 2 1/2 hours or low 4 – 5 hours.
- Stir mixture well.
- Sprinkle in bacon and green onions. Serve warm.
So What Makes This Version so Good?
The cream cheese. This recipe is all about that generous dose of cream cheese.
It makes it creamy and lightly tangy and just perfectly delicious! It just pairs perfectly with the sweet corn.
Then of course the addition of bacon is a total upgrade on classic creamed corn.
Tips for Creamed Corn
- If you like that slightly pureed cream corn just use an emulsion blender to blitz it up a bit before you add in the green onions and bacon.
- During summer months feel free to use fresh corn in this recipe when you’ve got some around to use up.
- You can cook bacon in the microwave between layers of paper towels for simplicity. Just layer a few paper towels on a plate, top with the bacon in a single layer, top with a few more paper towels then cook on high until crisp (it usually takes about 4 minutes or so but varies based on the microwave wattage and thickness of the bacon).
More Recipes You Might Like
Follow Cooking Classy
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
The easiest creamed corn recipe! And for another layer of flavor top it with crispy bacon bits and fresh green onions. This is the perfect comforting side dish and such a breeze to make!
- 2 (16 oz) bags frozen petite corn
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar or honey
- 3/4 tsp salt, then more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, diced into 1 Tbsp pieces
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, diced into cubes
- 4 slices diced and cooked bacon
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onion (optional)
Place corn in a 3.5 quart - 6 quart slow cooker. Sprinkle in sugar, salt and pepper.
Pour in milk then scatter cream cheese and butter over corn. Cover and cook on high 2 - 2 1/2 hours or low 4 - 5 hours.
Stir mixture well (it will seem curdled at first but will blend after stirring. If you want it a little thicker let it rest about 10 minutes with slow cooker turned off).
Sprinkle or stir in bacon and green onions. Serve warm.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy